Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Am I good to go?

Old 05-17-2011, 06:01 AM   #1
TacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
TacoMal's Tacoma Gallery
Am I good to go?

I think I'm about ready to install my lift and just want to make sure I have everything I need. I have the following:

5100's front and rear
Dakar leaf springs
New bushings
Extended U bolts

Am I good to go? Is there anything else I MUST have before I get started?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:25 AM   #2
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMal View Post
I think I'm about ready to install my lift and just want to make sure I have everything I need. I have the following:

5100's front and rear
Dakar leaf springs
New bushings
Extended U bolts

Am I good to go? Is there anything else I MUST have before I get started?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Its a good thing you got extended U bolts. I got DAKAR leafs in the back too but I just used the same U bolts. Probably not the best choice but I re-threaded them so I think I will be okay. 5100's were a good choice too
Old 05-17-2011, 06:28 AM   #3
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Only thing I think you may need are extended brakelines. I'm not 100% sure but I think if you install the dakars you should also get the longer brake lines
Old 05-17-2011, 06:29 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
Spring compressor if you don't have one, unless you plan on having a shop mount your coils on the shock. Depending on how much lift you decide on, you may need aftermarket UCAs too. Jackstands, jack, and airtools will make life alot easier too

Pictures when you're done please!
breaker bar, PB blaster and maybe even a torch or cut-off tool depending on where you live (sometimes those things get really rusted on there). A little patience and an extra set of hands doesn't hurt!
Old 05-17-2011, 06:33 AM   #5
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
Only thing I think you may need are extended brakelines. I'm not 100% sure but I think if you install the dakars you should also get the longer brake lines
Have the Dakar leaf pack installed, no extended brake lines needed.

I would suggest the drive shaft spacer. You might get some vibs if you dont. GL
Old 05-17-2011, 06:35 AM   #6
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for straightening me out on that, again I wasnt sure though.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:49 AM   #7
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
Thanks for straightening me out on that, again I wasnt sure though.
NP, some people go ahead and replace them and others dont. Its just a personal preference but ins't required.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:02 PM   #8
TacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
TacoMal's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the help everyone. I will definitely post pictures when I'm done!