Notices

New Tires!!! just gotta make em fit!!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-18-2011, 11:02 AM   #1
tacocrum has a spectacular aura abouttacocrum has a spectacular aura about
Air Force: Aircraft Structural Maintenance
tacocrum's Tacoma Gallery
New Tires!!! just gotta make em fit!!

Hello and thanks for having me on this forum! I know its been asked a thousand time....but I'm at work and dont have time to search. I have an 09 PreRunner TRD Sport with 265/65/17's, a good friend of mine gave me a set of nearly new 285/75/17's. What is gonna be the easiest way to get these babies stuffed under my truck? I've been looking at the cheap 3" lift/leveling kits on ebay. Thanks in advance and hope I can help someone on here one day.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:33 AM   #2
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
You could do a spacer lift, But I would recommend at least running Bilstein 5100s, with and AAL out back. Would be considered a 2.5" lift.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:51 AM   #4
You are right, 285/70/17 DynaPro MT's
Old 05-18-2011, 12:26 PM   #5
wolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
wolfdog2314's Tacoma Gallery
How much u wanna spend to fit em?

Do u care much about ride quality??
Old 05-18-2011, 12:29 PM   #6
I for sure dont want to spend $1500+ for a Fabtech. Not to picky about ride quality.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:29 PM   #7
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Just do it right with the billsteins and AAL, don't even bother with the spacers, you'll hate yourself later.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:30 PM   #8
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
You should be able to fit them with 5100's @ 2.5 and AAL out back. I did a 2" AAL in the rear of mine because I like a little rake so my truck doesn't look nose high when I am pulling a trailer or have the bed loaded. 1.5" AAL has too much "bro lean" for my tastes, especially with a little weight in the bed.

You will need some wheel spacers with the stock TRD sport wheels IIRC.

You will also have to do a little minor plastic trimming in the front fender wells & remove your mud flaps.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:42 PM   #9
Well at least I have the tires and I have already taken off the mudflaps. Now just to get the shocks and rear springs.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:51 PM   #10
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacocrum View Post
Well at least I have the tires and I have already taken off the mudflaps. Now just to get the shocks and rear springs.
Don't forget a sharp razor blade too
Old 05-18-2011, 12:53 PM   #11
Anyone know the best place to buy 5100's and a set of 2" AAL's?
Old 05-18-2011, 01:03 PM   #12

Quote:
Anyone know the best place to buy 5100's and a set of 2" AAL's?
Downsouth motorsports for the 5100's

Toytec for the AAL
Old 05-18-2011, 01:19 PM   #14
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You are right, 285/70/17 DynaPro MT's
I got those in a 32". Best MT out right now according to fourwheeler.com
http://www.fourwheeler.com/techartic...tro/index.html
Old 05-18-2011, 01:46 PM   #15
@ blacktacoma23- If i could have found your build thread before I asked the question I could have saved everyone some time. You have the exact look I am going for. Killer truck man!
Old 05-18-2011, 11:30 PM   #16
Dank Tank
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
@ blacktacoma23- If i could have found your build thread before I asked the question I could have saved everyone some time. You have the exact look I am going for. Killer truck man!
Thanks!
Old 05-19-2011, 07:36 AM   #18
Browsing the site last night and came across a poll about 3" or 6" lifts, I saw that Johnw at one point in time was running 285's on the exact same truck with only wheel spacers. Just so happens, I have a set of spacers laying around.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:23 AM   #19
Gettin them put on now.... Lookin bad ass!!
Old 05-20-2011, 09:15 AM   #20
Tires are on....looks great.... now I'm in the market for some A/T's. My damn truck is getting 10.1 mpg with these tires! WTF??!! FML

Products Discussed in this Thread