Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

98 Tacoma Suspension Upgrade

Old 05-18-2011, 02:38 PM   #1
jamespud is on a distinguished road
Name: Jim
jamespud's Tacoma Gallery
98 Tacoma Suspension Upgrade

I just installed a set of 5100's on all 4 corners along with 1 1/2" AAL in back. I used the middle setting on the front shocks which worked great. I also replaced the rack and pinion bushings and the sway bar bushings with urethane. I am not sure if this is typical of the results that most people get, but I gained 1 1/2" in the front and almost 2" in back. Bottom line is that I couldn't be happier. It handles and drives much better, plus I can haul more without bottoming out all the time. Also, to people who are thinking about doing something similar, this took me 6 hours and I had never done one before. I did have a 2 post lift, and impact wrenches, but it was all pretty straight forward. Thanks to all here for all the info that they post. I pretty much knew what needed to be done before i started and that is a big plus.

Jim
Old 05-18-2011, 02:48 PM   #2
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-18-2011, 02:53 PM   #3
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery
How bad were the leaf springs? My 99 is in need of new leafs and I cant get the $ to do it, but I NEED it.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:23 PM   #4
jamespud is on a distinguished road
Name: Jim
jamespud's Tacoma Gallery
My truck was still sitting level but I couldn't haul anything heavy at all.