Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Dakar Leafs... Do they all squeak?

Old 05-18-2011, 07:08 PM   #1
TRDSPORTtaco is a name known to allTRDSPORTtaco is a name known to allTRDSPORTtaco is a name known to allTRDSPORTtaco is a name known to allTRDSPORTtaco is a name known to allTRDSPORTtaco is a name known to all

TRDSPORTtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Dakar Leafs... Do they all squeak?

I am seriously considering ordering a set of Dakar's for my truck and ditching the AAL so I don't sag so much when I pull my tent trailer with my bike in the bed. I'm on the fence though, because it seems just about everybody has issues with them squeaking!

I don't want a squeaky leaf pack! Has this issue been fixed or is the squeak problem hit or miss?
Old 05-18-2011, 07:09 PM   #2
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Mine are a month on the truck and squeak
Old 05-18-2011, 07:25 PM   #3
TRDSPORTtaco is a name known to allTRDSPORTtaco is a name known to allTRDSPORTtaco is a name known to allTRDSPORTtaco is a name known to allTRDSPORTtaco is a name known to allTRDSPORTtaco is a name known to all

^ #@$%!!!!!
Old 05-18-2011, 07:27 PM   #5
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
2 weeks and the squeak comes and goes, but the noise overrides the bottoming out and sagging rear AAL. Would do it all over again even knowing about the noise.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
It was your thread that sparked my question about everybody's possibly squeaking.

Squeaks like this bug the crap out of me! I may have to look into a different leaf pack. Like the all pros or something.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:35 PM   #8
Alaskan Assassin
907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
907taco's Tacoma Gallery
they supposedley fixed the issue they had with them a few yrs. ago. im on a year with mine, they squeeked right off the the get go but after i flexed them hard a few times and they stopped after that. Maybe its the colder temps but i used to be able to just stand on my rear bumper and jump up and down and they squeeked but not now. i get mud on them all the time and dirt im sure inbetween them and still nothing.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:35 PM   #9
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by especk View Post
Mine dont make a high pitched squeak - its more low pitched and doesnt sound too bad at all. My stock 06 TRD OR leafs squeaked so bad it was embarassing.
I agree , squeak is maybe not the best description , mine creak when they flex or I get in and out of the bed .
Old 05-18-2011, 07:45 PM   #11

Uhg. I am ready to pull the trigger on these (or something else) so I can get them on before my wife (3rd grade math teacher) starts her summer break next Wednesday. Camping/riding season starts for us next week.

What to do, what to do??
Old 05-18-2011, 07:50 PM   #12
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
especk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDSPORTtaco View Post
Uhg. I am ready to pull the trigger on these (or something else) so I can get them on before my wife (3rd grade math teacher) starts her summer break next Wednesday. Camping/riding season starts for us next week.

What to do, what to do??
i am very happy with my dakars. i wouldnt want anything else for my setup
Old 05-19-2011, 04:22 AM   #13
Tacoma convert
viperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant future
Navy: DoN civilian
viperstd's Tacoma Gallery
mine go:

squeaky squeaky squeaky squak!

However, everynow and again I will spray some penetrating lube on them and jump up and down on the bed for 5 minutes (great exercise with a friend) and then they go:______________
Old 05-19-2011, 08:05 AM   #14

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by especk View Post
i am very happy with my dakars. i wouldnt want anything else for my setup
Agreed , I'd buy them again