Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Suspension TSB done today. New photos of Before and After! Yes, it is a stiffer ride.

Old 05-19-2011, 03:47 PM   #1
moulin6801 is just really nicemoulin6801 is just really nicemoulin6801 is just really nicemoulin6801 is just really nice
moulin6801's Tacoma Gallery
Suspension TSB done today. New photos of Before and After! Yes, it is a stiffer ride.

They did not want to do it originally, than agreed but try to talk me out of it, saying that I would not be happy with the stiff ride...
Just rode a few miles back to work, so, hard to tell, but feels stiffer, but not terrible at all. I am glad I done it. Now I want to see how it handles when I attach my boat to the back of it this weekend. That will be the test.
Not sure though if it was a plus to loose my TRD chocks! Now I have some average looking Black shocks!
(I have a 2010 TRD Sport, Long bed)
Enjoy.
Cheers
David
Attached Thumbnails
Suspension TSB done today. New photos of Before and After! Yes, it is a stiffer ride.-picture-006.jpg   Suspension TSB done today. New photos of Before and After! Yes, it is a stiffer ride.-picture-008.jpg   Suspension TSB done today. New photos of Before and After! Yes, it is a stiffer ride.-supension5.jpg  
Old 05-19-2011, 03:50 PM   #2
RoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to behold

RoyR's Tacoma Gallery
Did it lift the rear? Why did the take off the shocks?
Old 05-19-2011, 03:52 PM   #4
brelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud of
Air Force:
Name: Terry
brelandt's Tacoma Gallery
Wow much beefer looking but still has a wave to it.
Glad you pulled the trigger and just did it!
Old 05-19-2011, 03:53 PM   #5
SmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
SmilingMark's Tacoma Gallery
gotta go with everyone else, why the shocks?

They didn't change out my shocks. 2010 OR though. Different TSB for the sport?
Old 05-19-2011, 04:14 PM   #6
moulin6801 is just really nicemoulin6801 is just really nicemoulin6801 is just really nicemoulin6801 is just really nice
Not sure why the new shocks, but it stated on the Bill of service 2 new shocks...
No ideia why and I just noticed it after leaving the dealer... I will be hoping that those new ones are improved shocks!?!?
Too late now to ask to keep original TRD shocks...
I am planning to get those adjustable shocks later anyway. I am just waiting to get a few more miles on these, and more $ saved...
I
Old 05-19-2011, 04:40 PM   #7
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
They're not supposed to touch the shocks on '09 and newer trucks. I would take it back.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:56 PM   #8
brelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud of
Air Force:
Name: Terry
brelandt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
fixed
LOL thanks man!
Old 05-20-2011, 08:15 AM   #10
No, I went to RiverGate Toyota in Madison!
Old 05-20-2011, 09:04 AM   #11
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Bummer you lost the Bilsteins.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:13 AM   #12
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is an SR-5 and they took out the black shocks and put in the yellow Bilsteins.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:16 AM   #13
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
They're not supposed to touch the shocks on '09 and newer trucks. I would take it back.
X2...DUDE, go back and get what belongs to you!! They screwed up!! They are not to change out your shocks ONLY the Springs!!
Old 05-20-2011, 09:46 AM   #14
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
lol they downgraded your shocks. They are supposed to UPGRADE to the Bilsteins, or if you already have them, they leave them alone. Time to go back. Make sure you have a printout, it lists part numbers and such.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:04 PM   #15
Well, it is a new shock, and it really does matter, who can tell the difference!?
I am planning to change all for anyways in a few month...
Yes, the back end is higher, but I can't really tell though while riding...
Old 05-22-2011, 05:11 PM   #16
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Oh my. They changed the shocks.