Bending coil springs

Old 05-19-2011, 04:36 PM   #1
showzer is on a distinguished road

Name: Shea
showzer's Tacoma Gallery
Bending coil springs

why is it doing this? sorry for the pictures being rotated all weird

Old 05-19-2011, 04:49 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Lower spring seat broken?
Old 05-19-2011, 04:51 PM   #3
J-rob
beefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J-Rob
beefcake's Tacoma Gallery
thats odd... looks like the coil is too long for the shock
Old 05-19-2011, 05:03 PM   #5
J-rob
beefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J-Rob
beefcake's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
What coil / shocks are they ?
considering it says fabtech right on it, im going with fabtech
Old 05-19-2011, 05:12 PM   #6
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
considering it says fabtech right on it, im going with fabtech
I'm on my phone , my screen is 2" x 3" and I only see Fabtech on the UCA .
Old 05-19-2011, 05:16 PM   #7
StatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud of

Name: Joey
StatutoryAPE's Tacoma Gallery
it looks like the spring is too long for that setup. that looks really bad!
Old 05-19-2011, 05:19 PM   #8
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
thats odd... looks like the coil is too long for the shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatutoryAPE View Post
it looks like the spring is too long for that setup. that looks really bad!
Could be this also...
Old 05-19-2011, 09:00 PM   #10

showzer's Tacoma Gallery
they are fabtech coils and pro comp shocks. The ride is pretty stiff, im thinking that it could be that the geometry of my suspension is off, Im thinking maybe spindles would help?
Old 05-19-2011, 09:18 PM   #12

showzer's Tacoma Gallery
im not sure :| i brought my truck to 4 wheel parts and they set me up with the shocks
Old 05-19-2011, 09:40 PM   #14

showzer's Tacoma Gallery
yeah it could be. it was doing this before i changed out the shocks though...
Old 05-19-2011, 09:55 PM   #16

Can you take a closer pic of the lower spring seat?
Old 05-19-2011, 10:01 PM   #17
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by showzer View Post
i brought my truck to 4 wheel parts and they set me up with the shocks
There's your problem...
Old 05-19-2011, 10:02 PM   #18

showzer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
There's your problem...
HAHA!
Old 05-19-2011, 10:05 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
There are more pics in his gallery.

I'm not familiar enough with 5 lug front suspensions, are they a coil over setup like the 6 lugs. I cant see a spring perch on those shocks.
Edit:

The springs are separate from the shock....