LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lift Kit question

Old 05-19-2011, 05:07 PM   #1
Bristow.907 is on a distinguished road
Bristow.907's Tacoma Gallery
Lift Kit question

Alrighty, I've got a completely bone stock 2007 access cab sr5. After browsing the net, there are so many damn lift kits, that I don't know where to start. As far as height goes, I'm a little in the air about that. I don't know if I want to jack it way up, or have it high enough that it's noticeable. What do you guys recommend? I'm new to lifting trucks so I don't know the first thing about it haha. I've seen some guys talking about 5100's? What is that exactly, how much is it, and what do I gain? If I don't decide to lift, what is the biggest rim and tire size I can get on the truck without doing anything to it?
Old 05-19-2011, 05:30 PM   #3
Helped me out some, Would I have to put those UCA on after the lift? or is that just an accessory that people like to put in?
Old 05-19-2011, 05:34 PM   #4
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristow.907 View Post
Alrighty, I've got a completely bone stock 2007 access cab sr5. After browsing the net, there are so many damn lift kits, that I don't know where to start. As far as height goes, I'm a little in the air about that. I don't know if I want to jack it way up, or have it high enough that it's noticeable. What do you guys recommend? I'm new to lifting trucks so I don't know the first thing about it haha. I've seen some guys talking about 5100's? What is that exactly, how much is it, and what do I gain? If I don't decide to lift, what is the biggest rim and tire size I can get on the truck without doing anything to it?
Start here

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...uide-read.html
Old 05-19-2011, 05:36 PM   #5
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Helped me out some, Would I have to put those UCA on after the lift? or is that just an accessory that people like to put in?
Once you lift the front end over approx 2 1/2" , adding aftermarket UCA's allows for a proper wheel alignment .

Aftermarket UCA's provide additional caster , which you will max out or run out of with the stock UCA's .
Old 05-19-2011, 05:51 PM   #6
Seems like some very very complex shit if you don't know a thing about it lol.

If I didn't want to lift it high up in the air, what do you suggest that I do in order to get a bit larger of a tire?
Old 05-19-2011, 05:53 PM   #7

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Seems like some very very complex shit if you don't know a thing about it lol.

If I didn't want to lift it high up in the air, what do you suggest that I do in order to get a bit larger of a tire?
You can run 265/75/16 on stock suspension .

In order to clear 285's , you need a 2 1/2" - 3" lift and some trimming of the inner fender .
Old 05-19-2011, 06:25 PM   #8
How big a rims can I fit on that tire?
Old 05-19-2011, 06:28 PM   #9

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How big a rims can I fit on that tire?
265/75/16 is a 16" rim