Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

After Suspension Mod Alignment #'s What do ya think?

Old 05-21-2011, 07:26 AM   #1
Nick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: E5 Machinist Mate - USS Downes San Diego Cal.
Name: Nick
Nick54's Tacoma Gallery
After Suspension Mod Alignment #'s What do ya think?

Yesterday I completed my front suspension modification, installed Bilsteins set at zero with Eibach coils, drivers side spacer and Light Racing UCA's. This morning I took it to Firestone for a alignment. Based on Chris4x4's recommendations I instructed the tech to set the Toe at Zero, the Camber at Zero and the Caster between 2.4 and 3.1. Here are the actual results. Can someone advise if these specs are acceptable or totaly frigged.
Attached Files
File Type: xls First Aligment After Suspension Mod..xls (14.0 KB, 91 views)
Old 05-21-2011, 01:17 PM   #2
1998tacoma4x4 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
1998tacoma4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Your specs don't look bad, considering you have a 3" lift. Only thing is your caster isn't too great. A few degrees off.
I like the firestone lifetime alignment, but i feel like they don't listen to the customer after a while because they stop making money off us. Whenever i take it to them, the rep tells me they cant adjust it to my specs, only the ones from toyota. I understand this because there a corporation, but it's annoying. I also feel that when i get an alignment, they don't try to truly adjust it to spec, only enough to meet there criteria, which btw is ridiculous.. My plan is to go to a another reputable shop and get my alignment as perfect as i can, and then tack weld my alignment cams. My rant is over lol.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:38 PM   #3
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Um, I loaded your spreadsheet, but while the factory range is given for camber and toe, the actual "as aligned" values are left blank - so it's difficult to say if the alignment is any good or not.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:33 PM   #4
Nick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: E5 Machinist Mate - USS Downes San Diego Cal.
Name: Nick
Nick54's Tacoma Gallery
I went back to Firestone and the tech told me at the time they attempted my alignment he couldn't get the machine to print out. Ok so what's the point in stapling the POS sheet of paper to my receipt if it doesn't give complete data. Well as it stands now I'm looking for an alignment shop in northeast Ohio that has a clue hoe to set up these light racing UCA's and I don't know where to begin. Any help would be appreciated. If your from Ohio and know of a shop that has experience with this lift please let me know.