1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

After Suspension Mod Alignment #'s What do ya think?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Nick54, May 21, 2011.

1. May 21, 2011 at 7:26 AM
    Nick54

Nick54 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    ARB Rear Locker & Compressor, Bakflip F1, Antennex 13" flexable antenna, WeatherTech Floor Liners, WeatherTech Side Window Visors, Tacoma Bed Mat, Demello Rock Crushers, Dynamax Ultraflow SS Muffler, TSB 4-Pak Leaf Springs, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Redline Hood Struts, Color Matched Angry Eyelids, Combo Lock Bed Compartments, Bed Mat, Pop-N-Lock, Wet Okoles, Goodyear Duratracs on ProComp 7033's, M101A2 Trailer, Grillcraft Mesh Grill, Light Racing UCA's, King OEM Performance Remote Reservoir Adjustable Front & Rear Shocks, JVC NT3HDT, Blue Sea Aux Fuse Panel, BAMF Behind Grill Light Bracket, Kragen 55W 7" HID's, CBI Front Receiver, Home Link Garage Door Opener, FlyEyez Light Unit, Bud Built Front to Back Skids...
    Yesterday I completed my front suspension modification, installed Bilsteins set at zero with Eibach coils, drivers side spacer and Light Racing UCA's. This morning I took it to Firestone for a alignment. Based on Chris4x4's recommendations I instructed the tech to set the Toe at Zero, the Camber at Zero and the Caster between 2.4 and 3.1. Here are the actual results. Can someone advise if these specs are acceptable or totaly frigged.

Attached Files:

2. May 21, 2011 at 1:17 PM
    1998tacoma4x4

1998tacoma4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    1998 Tacoma 4x4 3.4L Auto
    Deaver j59 pack 2.5 SAW coilovers, rear bilstein 5100's. Extened stainless rear brake line, deck plate mod, drop in K&N filter, Kenwood headunit & pioneer speakers, SnugTop Shell.
    Your specs don't look bad, considering you have a 3" lift. Only thing is your caster isn't too great. A few degrees off.
    I like the firestone lifetime alignment, but i feel like they don't listen to the customer after a while because they stop making money off us. Whenever i take it to them, the rep tells me they cant adjust it to my specs, only the ones from toyota. I understand this because there a corporation, but it's annoying. I also feel that when i get an alignment, they don't try to truly adjust it to spec, only enough to meet there criteria, which btw is ridiculous.. My plan is to go to a another reputable shop and get my alignment as perfect as i can, and then tack weld my alignment cams. My rant is over lol.

3. May 21, 2011 at 6:38 PM
    bjmoose

bjmoose Bullwinkle J. Moose

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    San Jose CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Std Cab 4x4 5sp
    OME suspension, ARB Air Lockers, CBI/Relentless/Pelfrey armor, HAM radio
    Um, I loaded your spreadsheet, but while the factory range is given for camber and toe, the actual "as aligned" values are left blank - so it's difficult to say if the alignment is any good or not.

4. May 22, 2011 at 7:33 PM
    Nick54

Nick54 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    ARB Rear Locker & Compressor, Bakflip F1, Antennex 13" flexable antenna, WeatherTech Floor Liners, WeatherTech Side Window Visors, Tacoma Bed Mat, Demello Rock Crushers, Dynamax Ultraflow SS Muffler, TSB 4-Pak Leaf Springs, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Redline Hood Struts, Color Matched Angry Eyelids, Combo Lock Bed Compartments, Bed Mat, Pop-N-Lock, Wet Okoles, Goodyear Duratracs on ProComp 7033's, M101A2 Trailer, Grillcraft Mesh Grill, Light Racing UCA's, King OEM Performance Remote Reservoir Adjustable Front & Rear Shocks, JVC NT3HDT, Blue Sea Aux Fuse Panel, BAMF Behind Grill Light Bracket, Kragen 55W 7" HID's, CBI Front Receiver, Home Link Garage Door Opener, FlyEyez Light Unit, Bud Built Front to Back Skids...
    I went back to Firestone and the tech told me at the time they attempted my alignment he couldn't get the machine to print out. Ok so what's the point in stapling the POS sheet of paper to my receipt if it doesn't give complete data. Well as it stands now I'm looking for an alignment shop in northeast Ohio that has a clue hoe to set up these light racing UCA's and I don't know where to begin. Any help would be appreciated. If your from Ohio and know of a shop that has experience with this lift please let me know.

Products Discussed in

To Top