LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

LR UCA Ball Joint Seal?

Old 05-21-2011, 04:34 PM   #1
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
LR UCA Ball Joint Seal?

Hey guys,

I installed my Light Racing upper control arms today.

Only thing is - the rubber ball joint seal doesn't seem to snug up tightly against the spindle. I don't think it's going to keep dirt out very well.

I checked and double checked to make sure I've got the correct arm on the correct side, right side up vs. upside down. So I don't think that's it.

The ball joints themselves didn't seem to have a left/right side. DO they?? If so, I wonder if that's my issue. But if they do, how the heck do you tell left from right??

EDIT - I really don't think that's it. I recall double checking that the ball joints had the identical same part number stamped into both ball joints. So I'm left with - did your rubber ball joint seal well against the spindle? If not what'd you do about it?
Old 05-21-2011, 05:06 PM   #2
Valley Viking is on a distinguished road

Valley Viking's Tacoma Gallery
Mine had the same gap, so did everyone else. See here http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...-question.html
Old 05-21-2011, 06:15 PM   #4
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm. OK, that's weird. I won't worry about it, but I wonder why they're like that?

I wonder if I could put a zip tie on there to snug the boot up to the spindle bolt...

OTOH, I live here in balmy Cali, while you, OZ live in snowy-salty BC. So if you're not worried 'bout it, I can probably let it go.