Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Built Right UCA Alignment too much Caster?

Old 05-22-2011, 02:25 PM   #1
tonyplanet will become famous soon enoughtonyplanet will become famous soon enough

tonyplanet's Tacoma Gallery
Built Right UCA Alignment too much Caster?

Got my alignment done yesterday. Numbers look good for toe and camber. But getting too much positive caster. I'm getting 4.7 and 5.0 positive caster. Optimal is 2.4 for 33" tires. Tech says that's the best he could do and its because of the uca.

Not sure if I should take the tech's word, or go some other place and get it realigned.
My question, can caster be adjusted? Or is it fixed, because caster is built into the uca?
Old 05-22-2011, 02:30 PM   #2
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
it can be adjusted, but it is changed by the UCA. Go to another shop and see if they can do better then follow up with Built Right.