Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

billy lift alternative maybe?

Old 05-22-2011, 03:15 PM   #1
Frostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Frostbyte's Tacoma Gallery
billy lift alternative maybe?

so with the raising of the price of billys, and the fact that noone can keep them in stock, would it be worth just buying the ome 3" lift kit instead? My plan was billys on all 4, and 885's in the front, diff and carrier drop and shims with a toytec aal.... whats all your opinions? attempt to get some billys and do it, or hit up the ome lift kit?

-Erik
Old 05-22-2011, 03:16 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
OME makes some good stuff.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:16 PM   #3
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
OME wins
Old 05-22-2011, 08:15 PM   #4
Iceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
Iceman2448's Tacoma Gallery
Will ome coils work with billys
Old 05-22-2011, 08:16 PM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman2448 View Post
Will ome coils work with billys
Yes, as long as you keep the billys at zero
Old 05-26-2011, 03:38 PM   #6
Frostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Well i was able to order up some billys, DSM had some in stock, so I'm committed to the billy 885 lift, which I'm excited for. 1 quick question tho, along with the shims, diff drop, and carrier drop, do i need to relocate the sway bar too? I have also heard on this forum that the carrier drop causes more problems by dropping it, anyone else heard this?
Old 05-26-2011, 03:45 PM   #7
RoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to behold

RoyR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbyte View Post
Well i was able to order up some billys, DSM had some in stock, so I'm committed to the billy 885 lift, which I'm excited for. 1 quick question tho, along with the shims, diff drop, and carrier drop, do i need to relocate the sway bar too? I have also heard on this forum that the carrier drop causes more problems by dropping it, anyone else heard this?
Please let me know where you buy the additional parts from, I got the same billys from DSM.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:46 PM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
You only need the diff drop if you have vibration issues but yes it can cause more problems. Are you even 4wd?
Old 05-26-2011, 03:48 PM   #9

Law Enforcement:
yep, trd sport 4x4. my truck already had a leveling kit, spacers and a block in the back, i get small vibs from around 32-45 mph, so i was thinking ahead and was going to buy the drop kits too
Old 05-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #10

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyR View Post
Please let me know where you buy the additional parts from, I got the same billys from DSM.

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...d=64&Itemid=72
Old 05-27-2011, 04:52 PM   #12
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
I have 5100's and 885's. Love it. The 5100's set at .85, but no top spacer.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:01 PM   #13

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
I have 5100's and 885's. Love it. The 5100's set at .85, but no top spacer.
i thought for this set-up you had to leave your billys set at 0 or else much damage.... how does it ride? what size tires?
Old 05-27-2011, 06:20 PM   #14
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i thought for this set-up you had to leave your billys set at 0 or else much damage.... how does it ride? what size tires?
Rides smooth, but i'm 2wd so I don't have to worry about cv's and I have aftermarket UCA's so I don't have to worry about ball joints.

My tires a 265/75/16 Hankook MT's.
Attached Thumbnails
billy lift alternative maybe?-image-6.jpg  
Old 05-27-2011, 06:30 PM   #15
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
I had to sway bar relocate with OME shocks and springs. Just barely hit on compression.