Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Icon 2.5 C/O non-res rebuild with pics

Old 05-22-2011, 11:12 PM   #1
jjbeenken is a splendid one to beholdjjbeenken is a splendid one to beholdjjbeenken is a splendid one to beholdjjbeenken is a splendid one to beholdjjbeenken is a splendid one to beholdjjbeenken is a splendid one to beholdjjbeenken is a splendid one to behold

Name: Big Daddy Woo Woo
jjbeenken's Tacoma Gallery
Icon 2.5 C/O non-res rebuild with pics

Home made compressor. I will modify this one.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:13 PM   #2
jjbeenken is a splendid one to beholdjjbeenken is a splendid one to beholdjjbeenken is a splendid one to beholdjjbeenken is a splendid one to beholdjjbeenken is a splendid one to beholdjjbeenken is a splendid one to beholdjjbeenken is a splendid one to behold

Mounted up

Old 05-22-2011, 11:14 PM   #3

dissected

Old 05-22-2011, 11:16 PM   #4

sorry for the pic but were goin long!

Old 05-22-2011, 11:18 PM   #5

Bought used with 50K. Needs lovin.

Old 05-22-2011, 11:18 PM   #6

Disassembled shaft with new parts

Removing the seals are a little tricky. They are very rigid. Using a very sharp pic like I was able to to insert it in the seal to pry it out and then get a rounded flat bladed screwdriver behind it. This made it very easy and not tear up the seal head.

New seals installed
Old 05-22-2011, 11:19 PM   #7

Machine screw fell out of the piston and bounced around for a while apparently. Good thing I took these things apart before pit them on. This shock was low on oil and nitro, not sure its related to the screw or not. The other shock still felt pretty good with the spring off.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:19 PM   #8

Shaft before

After (I did clean up that spot in the center) 320 to 800 then 1500 grit

Shock body after touchup

With this high dollar piece of equipment.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:20 PM   #9

Set dividing piston
Old 05-22-2011, 11:20 PM   #10

This is just a look inside. Read the link below from TS. It is a great write up and frankly more ambitious than I am. Hats off to him for a great read!!
Old 05-22-2011, 11:24 PM   #11

Hey mods how do I fix my misspelled title?????
Old 05-23-2011, 08:24 AM   #12

^
thanks mjp2, it was a late night last night
Old 05-26-2011, 02:05 PM   #13
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbeenken View Post
Reassembled and cleaned up one shock. Pics to be posted shortly. Is there a part someone wants to see?
i have a few if you dont mind...
1 - im just wondering about exactly how much oil do i refill the shock with.
2 - do you have to de-pressurized the shock before you take it apart? if so, how do you do that? (i have a set of the DR coilovers, but i believe the nitro fill up valve is the same.)
Old 05-26-2011, 02:20 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post
i have a few if you dont mind...
1 - im just wondering about exactly how much oil do i refill the shock with.
2 - do you have to de-pressurized the shock before you take it apart? if so, how do you do that? (i have a set of the DR coilovers, but i believe the nitro fill up valve is the same.)
1 - You need to set the dividing piston depth with the shaft assembly. Move the seal head all the way to the end of the shaft and push the dividing piston down until the groove on the seal head is even with the shock body. Then fill the shock up to about an inch from the top. You then bleed all of the air out of the shock. Before you put the seal head in top the shock off so some oil spills out. You do not want any air in the oil.
2- Don't let the nitrogen out until you unscrew the cap on the the bottom of the shock or the seal head will turn. You then let the nitrogen out with a nitrogen needle and then push in the seal head to take the C-clip out. The shaft then pulls out.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:08 AM   #15
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
.... seal head ....
hehe, you said "seal head"
Old 05-27-2011, 01:08 PM   #16

Quote:
1 - You need to set the dividing piston depth with the shaft assembly. Move the seal head all the way to the end of the shaft and push the dividing piston down until the groove on the seal head is even with the shock body. Then fill the shock up to about an inch from the top. You then bleed all of the air out of the shock. Before you put the seal head in top the shock off so some oil spills out. You do not want any air in the oil.
2- Don't let the nitrogen out until you unscrew the cap on the the bottom of the shock or the seal head will turn. You then let the nitrogen out with a nitrogen needle and then push in the seal head to take the C-clip out. The shaft then pulls out.
Here's a great write up.
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...lover-r-and-r/
Old 05-27-2011, 01:10 PM   #17
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
^ sweet dude, appreciate that!

also, did you use shock oil from DSM, or where and what brand did you use?
Old 05-27-2011, 07:26 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post
^ sweet dude, appreciate that!

also, did you use shock oil from DSM, or where and what brand did you use?
No problem. I just found that today. Kinda makes this whole post a waste. Just put mine together and went flawlessly. I'll charge them tomorrow at the shop and I should be set.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:43 PM   #19

New pics added