LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

installed 883 then unistalled them!

Old 05-23-2011, 03:39 PM   #1
brelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud of
Air Force:
Name: Terry
brelandt's Tacoma Gallery
installed 883 then unistalled them!

OK, I found time to install the 883. I took a few pictures for everyone to see. The truck has a 3" spacer now and the distance from wheel lip to wheel well lip was 16" and after the install it was still 16" so the 883 gave me a 3" lift.
Now for the bad news. Took the truck for a spin and the first thing I noticed was that the truck was bouncing on it's tires rather than the springs. Then I drove over the speed bump and the front came off the ground and bounced twice!
Drove down the rode and every little dip sent the frontend off the ground them back down and bounce!
So I drove right back around and took them off and put my old set up back on.
So for all out there with a regular cab 4 cylinder prerunner. 883 are way too stiff!
So I'm just going to put them up for sale on the board.
Attached Thumbnails
installed 883 then unistalled them!-coil1.jpg   installed 883 then unistalled them!-coil2.jpg   installed 883 then unistalled them!-coil3.jpg   installed 883 then unistalled them!-coil4.jpg   installed 883 then unistalled them!-coil5.jpg  

installed 883 then unistalled them!-coil6.jpg   installed 883 then unistalled them!-coil7.jpg  
Old 05-23-2011, 03:44 PM   #2
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
You got 883s with a reg cab.... Of course its gonna be stiff... You needed the 881s with your truck's specifications.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:47 PM   #3
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
did you put the 883's in WITH the spacers on top?

nevrrmind I see the pics
Old 05-23-2011, 03:56 PM   #4
brelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud of
Air Force:
Name: Terry
brelandt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyToyTaco View Post
did you put the 883's in WITH the spacers on top?

nevrrmind I see the pics
Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post
You got 883s with a reg cab.... Of course its gonna be stiff... You needed the 881s with your truck's specifications.
Well, there was talk back and forth on other threads about which was stiffer as the 882 was "heavy" and the 883 are "medium". Lesson learned!

I was going for the same 3" lift as the spacer gave me and it looked like the 883 would do that. It did....LOL 881 is just too low for me. would still need a spacer.