Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Ordering lift, need input

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-24-2011, 04:02 PM   #1
rrtaco is a name known to allrrtaco is a name known to allrrtaco is a name known to allrrtaco is a name known to allrrtaco is a name known to allrrtaco is a name known to all

Name: Colton
rrtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Ordering lift, need input

So im finally ordering my lift and i need to make sure i have all nessicary parts.

lift
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits...t_pn=EXPK5066B

rims
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/XD...XD79879068712N

tires im going with cooper discoverer stt 33 12.50 17

What am i missing?? The lift comes with brake extention brakets so do i need extended brake lines? Do i need top plate spacers for the tacoma lean? Please tell me if im forgetting something or left somethime out.

thanks
Old 05-24-2011, 04:20 PM   #2
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Drop bracket lifts aren't my personal style, but I think what you've picked is pretty complete.

Perhaps someone actually running a DB will chime in.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:26 PM   #4
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtaco View Post
Ya hopefully. I eventually will do coilovers and alcan leaf pack
Don't you have to hack out the crossmember for a DB lift ?
Old 05-24-2011, 04:35 PM   #6
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i believe there its neccisary to cut a little for the crossmember...
And you wanna do a coilover lift later ?
Old 05-24-2011, 04:39 PM   #8

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yes
Why not now ?
Old 05-24-2011, 04:43 PM   #10

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i dont have the money
I would probably wait rather than hack out the crossmember to do a temporary lift , but that's just me.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:47 PM   #11
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
No cutting needed on the 2wd I think. I never understood the point of a temp lift. Why do it twice?
Old 05-24-2011, 04:51 PM   #14

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgcat View Post
I think he's doing the procomp stage 1 lift which has the crap coil spacers. If I am correct hes planning on buying the lift coils later to replace the spacers and factory coils and struts. I know alot of people who have done it but if I were you I wouldnt run spacers at all...just save the money for the stage 2 lift. Yes, for a DB you have to cut the crossmember.
Ah so
Old 05-24-2011, 04:52 PM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningwood View Post
*gone*
You Jelly a.m. boner ?

Products Discussed in this Thread