Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Quick Price Question

Old 05-25-2011, 09:43 PM   #1
neoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neoflex's Tacoma Gallery
Quick Price Question

OK, fact of the matter is I would love to do the install myself as nothing beats the feeling of doing a project on your own but with a newborn in the house and still in the beginning stages of my own business free time is limited so of I were to start the project myself there is a good chance the truck would be up on jack stands useless for months.(It's my daily driver so it may not work) So I went to a local shop and put a list of things I am looking to do and wanted to see what your thoughts on pricing was since I am new to the Tacoma world coming from Jeeps. This is the list of parts, Camburg Spindles, Bilstein 5100s and Camburg non-uniball upper arms up front, Allpro add a leaf out back with Bilstein 5100s. Rolling on Eagle Alloy 063s, 18x9 with 285/65/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers. I was quoted $5200 installed. I know I can save a ton by installing myself but free time is limited sadly. Wanted to see if you guys thought that was fair or if I should keep shopping. Thanks again for the help.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:47 PM   #2
jeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief 62 AMXS
Name: Drew
jeckel7234's Tacoma Gallery
idk how much all that cost id assume about 3000-3800 but since you probably arent going to have the time, did you try looking around at other shops, or even get a couple buddys and knock it out as quick as possible, most good friends will do anything for pizza and beer
Old 05-25-2011, 09:59 PM   #3
neoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neoflex's Tacoma Gallery
I am fairly new to NC and most of the guys I am friends with are not mechanically inclined and to be honest they would more than likely just get in the way. If I were still in NY there would be no way I would even think of paying a shop to do the install and know I could have a garage full of guys to help knock it out in one night. Also if anyone knows of some decent shops in the Charlotte area that I can call that would be much appreciated too. I don't mind paying for a quality job but I am also trying to lessen the blow if possible so I don't eat sh*t from the wife on the cost which is why I have been putting cash off to the side so it won't look like such a blow to the bank account when I do decide to do it as I told her it would only be $3200 which she still barked at but was cool with. Before I signed the paperwork on the truck I said I won't get sh*t for lifting it and putting wheels on right? She said do it. If she knew it cost $5200 that would mean I will be about 7 in the hole as she will see it as an excuse to spoil herself a bit and know that I can't say crap because if I do she'll just point at the Tacoma. Either that or next thing you know I will be at the dealer trading in the 4Runner for a 2011/12.