1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Quick Price Question

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by neoflex, May 25, 2011.

1. May 25, 2011 at 8:43 PM
    neoflex

neoflex [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    OK, fact of the matter is I would love to do the install myself as nothing beats the feeling of doing a project on your own but with a newborn in the house and still in the beginning stages of my own business free time is limited so of I were to start the project myself there is a good chance the truck would be up on jack stands useless for months.(It's my daily driver so it may not work) So I went to a local shop and put a list of things I am looking to do and wanted to see what your thoughts on pricing was since I am new to the Tacoma world coming from Jeeps. This is the list of parts, Camburg Spindles, Bilstein 5100s and Camburg non-uniball upper arms up front, Allpro add a leaf out back with Bilstein 5100s. Rolling on Eagle Alloy 063s, 18x9 with 285/65/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers. I was quoted $5200 installed. I know I can save a ton by installing myself but free time is limited sadly. Wanted to see if you guys thought that was fair or if I should keep shopping. Thanks again for the help.

2. May 25, 2011 at 8:47 PM
    jeckel7234

jeckel7234 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    VA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    Add-a-Leaf, Leveling Kit, 31.5 Nitto Grapplers, Mag-Lite Mod, Anit-Key in the ignition beep mod, Tail gate theft mod, Trifecta tonneau cover, washable cabin air filter,
    idk how much all that cost id assume about 3000-3800 but since you probably arent going to have the time, did you try looking around at other shops, or even get a couple buddys and knock it out as quick as possible, most good friends will do anything for pizza and beer

3. May 25, 2011 at 8:59 PM
    neoflex

neoflex [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I am fairly new to NC and most of the guys I am friends with are not mechanically inclined and to be honest they would more than likely just get in the way. If I were still in NY there would be no way I would even think of paying a shop to do the install and know I could have a garage full of guys to help knock it out in one night. Also if anyone knows of some decent shops in the Charlotte area that I can call that would be much appreciated too. I don't mind paying for a quality job but I am also trying to lessen the blow if possible so I don't eat sh*t from the wife on the cost which is why I have been putting cash off to the side so it won't look like such a blow to the bank account when I do decide to do it as I told her it would only be $3200 which she still barked at but was cool with. Before I signed the paperwork on the truck I said I won't get sh*t for lifting it and putting wheels on right? She said do it. If she knew it cost $5200 that would mean I will be about 7 in the hole as she will see it as an excuse to spoil herself a bit and know that I can't say crap because if I do she'll just point at the Tacoma.:D Either that or next thing you know I will be at the dealer trading in the 4Runner for a 2011/12.:eek:

Products Discussed in

To Top