Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit-Gone all out

Old 05-25-2011, 08:46 PM   #1
tacotrinity is on a distinguished road
Name: Eric
tacotrinity's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit-Gone all out

So after months of reading, researching, pictures, more reading and no sleeping i finally made up my mind. My kit came in the mail today and i cant wait until install on Saturday! I went all out and got the Dakar leafs, and LR UCA's as well just to do it once and do it right. I plan on making a trip to the tire store Monday for a alignment and to pick out wheels and tires. I really don't know what to get but i am sure my small remaining budget may help figure that out. I am doing about 70% street and 30% off road. Although so far it has been the occasional mud pit and local land for sale that others have made a little 4x4 fun in. My goal is to get all ready to go and head up to Tahuya to break my cherry for real off roading. Anyone who wants to join me let me know. I will probably start another thread for a TW run in the NW region forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit-Gone all out-lift2.jpg   Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit-Gone all out-leaf.jpg  
Old 05-26-2011, 08:34 AM   #2
black cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
black cx's Tacoma Gallery
very nice
Old 05-27-2011, 09:09 PM   #4
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
word. I'm leaning toward OME but this is always right there. GL!!
Old 05-28-2011, 09:09 PM   #6
So not sure if this is normal, got the lift installed and got an alignment, it took the guy and hour and a half and he told me it was as good as it was going to get. Now my wheels rub on my lower control arms at full turn..... Is that normal or do i need spacers? I am looking to get some toyo mud terrain on stock wheels if that is a good idea? Help!
Old 05-29-2011, 12:38 PM   #8
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 907taco View Post
I have that same exact set up. Your going to like alot.!!!!!! I did my own install so if you have any questions PM me.
Same here did it all in 12 hrs in the garage
Old 05-29-2011, 12:40 PM   #9
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Dude that's not right... Take a pic of the front and let us see. There will be no rubbing with stock tires and rims
Old 05-29-2011, 07:23 PM   #10
Alaskan Assassin
907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
907taco's Tacoma Gallery
pics and post alignment specs....i will dig mine out and compare. ( if i can remember where i put it. you shouldn't have any problems at all, it will settle a bit but not enough cause rubbing. Can you measure from center of your front hub to bottom your fender so we can see how much your lifted ? i am right at 3" of lift which is about 23"
Old 05-30-2011, 01:47 PM   #11
I got some new tires last night and I do not see the same rubbing on the lower control arm, however the biggest they could go was 265/75r16? It sits under my uca at full turn with the front in. I would have gone bigger but it was then touching the uca with the wheels straight. They said that Toyota used a smaller wheel after one recal when they first came out and they used a lesser backspacing.....I could find no such thing from Toyota. The tire shop gave me the option to order spacers and a come back and trade back to the larger tire within 30 days for an extra $10. Are my tires ever going to flex above my UCA's this all seems like something is wrong and I don't really want to do spacers unless I have to, the wife is already pissed off enough. But don't worry I only let her keep one of my balls in her purse.

I will get pictures up tonight I hope, and the measurement from center to flare.