1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit-Gone all out

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by tacotrinity, May 25, 2011.

1. May 25, 2011 at 8:46 PM
    tacotrinity

tacotrinity [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Bremerton
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma
    Toytech ultimate lift, ome Dakar leafs, rigid reverse lights on custom light bar, spidertrax
    So after months of reading, researching, pictures, more reading and no sleeping i finally made up my mind. My kit came in the mail today and i cant wait until install on Saturday! I went all out and got the Dakar leafs, and LR UCA's as well just to do it once and do it right. I plan on making a trip to the tire store Monday for a alignment and to pick out wheels and tires. I really don't know what to get but i am sure my small remaining budget may help figure that out. I am doing about 70% street and 30% off road. Although so far it has been the occasional mud pit and local land for sale that others have made a little 4x4 fun in. My goal is to get all ready to go and head up to Tahuya to break my cherry for real off roading. Anyone who wants to join me let me know. I will probably start another thread for a TW run in the NW region forum.

lift2.jpg
    leaf.jpg

2. May 26, 2011 at 8:34 AM
    black cx

black cx Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma 4x4
    very nice

3. May 27, 2011 at 9:03 PM
    907taco

907taco Alaskan Assassin

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2010 BlackSandPearl 4x4
    ultimate lift kit ( toytec ) ome dakar leaf pack , w/ extended length billies, LR uca's, Pro comp 7089s, KM2's 285 70 17, neoprene seat covers, weather techs, CBI sliders w/kickout, URD ss, cab mount chop, VHT night shade tint>tails,3rd B-light. Debadged. Grillecraft grille, rear diff breather mod. CBI Moab front bumper, warn M8000 winch, HID kragens 7", Hella's micro fogs. retrofit headlights HIDS, LED solutions maps/license! 886 back up light mod,
    I have that same exact set up. Your going to like alot.!!!!!! I did my own install so if you have any questions PM me.

4. May 27, 2011 at 9:09 PM
    BuzzardsGottaEat

BuzzardsGottaEat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Some Toyotas
    Round tires
    word. I'm leaning toward OME but this is always right there. GL!!

5. May 27, 2011 at 9:14 PM
    JasoTaco

JasoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate 3" Lift -TSB Rear springs - TRD Cold Air Intake - TRD Skid Plate - Total Chaos Upper Control Arms - 2 Hella Rallye 4000 lights (130W Bulbs) - Clear Bra - Under Coat - Bed extener - Toyota Bed Mat - Weathertech floor mats - Tailgate hose clamp & washer mod - PIAA Fog Lights - ScanGauge II - Beefed Sliders - Differential Breather Mod - Heated Seats - All-Pro Bumper - Warn M8000 Winch with wireless controls - Boztec Diff Skid - ATO skids
    Nice choice!

6. May 28, 2011 at 9:09 PM
    tacotrinity

tacotrinity [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Bremerton
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma
    Toytech ultimate lift, ome Dakar leafs, rigid reverse lights on custom light bar, spidertrax
    So not sure if this is normal, got the lift installed and got an alignment, it took the guy and hour and a half and he told me it was as good as it was going to get. Now my wheels rub on my lower control arms at full turn..... Is that normal or do i need spacers? I am looking to get some toyo mud terrain on stock wheels if that is a good idea? Help!

7. May 29, 2011 at 12:11 PM
    JasoTaco

JasoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate 3" Lift -TSB Rear springs - TRD Cold Air Intake - TRD Skid Plate - Total Chaos Upper Control Arms - 2 Hella Rallye 4000 lights (130W Bulbs) - Clear Bra - Under Coat - Bed extener - Toyota Bed Mat - Weathertech floor mats - Tailgate hose clamp & washer mod - PIAA Fog Lights - ScanGauge II - Beefed Sliders - Differential Breather Mod - Heated Seats - All-Pro Bumper - Warn M8000 Winch with wireless controls - Boztec Diff Skid - ATO skids
    No, this does not sound normal. I didn't have any problems with my ULK or alignment.

Anybody have any thoughts what could be going on here?

8. May 29, 2011 at 12:38 PM
    KalamaKid

KalamaKid Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Oregon
    same shit as everyone else
    Same here did it all in 12 hrs in the garage

9. May 29, 2011 at 12:40 PM
    KalamaKid

KalamaKid Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Oregon
    same shit as everyone else
    Dude that's not right... Take a pic of the front and let us see. There will be no rubbing with stock tires and rims

10. May 29, 2011 at 7:23 PM
    907taco

907taco Alaskan Assassin

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2010 BlackSandPearl 4x4
    ultimate lift kit ( toytec ) ome dakar leaf pack , w/ extended length billies, LR uca's, Pro comp 7089s, KM2's 285 70 17, neoprene seat covers, weather techs, CBI sliders w/kickout, URD ss, cab mount chop, VHT night shade tint>tails,3rd B-light. Debadged. Grillecraft grille, rear diff breather mod. CBI Moab front bumper, warn M8000 winch, HID kragens 7", Hella's micro fogs. retrofit headlights HIDS, LED solutions maps/license! 886 back up light mod,
    pics and post alignment specs....i will dig mine out and compare. ( if i can remember where i put it. you shouldn't have any problems at all, it will settle a bit but not enough cause rubbing. Can you measure from center of your front hub to bottom your fender so we can see how much your lifted ? i am right at 3" of lift which is about 23"

11. May 30, 2011 at 1:47 PM
    tacotrinity

tacotrinity [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Bremerton
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma
    I got some new tires last night and I do not see the same rubbing on the lower control arm, however the biggest they could go was 265/75r16? It sits under my uca at full turn with the front in. I would have gone bigger but it was then touching the uca with the wheels straight. They said that Toyota used a smaller wheel after one recal when they first came out and they used a lesser backspacing.....I could find no such thing from Toyota. The tire shop gave me the option to order spacers and a come back and trade back to the larger tire within 30 days for an extra $10. Are my tires ever going to flex above my UCA's this all seems like something is wrong and I don't really want to do spacers unless I have to, the wife is already pissed off enough. But don't worry I only let her keep one of my balls in her purse.

I will get pictures up tonight I hope, and the measurement from center to flare.

Products Discussed in

To Top