Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2nd Impression Nitrocharger Sport Stiffness

Old 05-26-2011, 12:30 AM   #1
In over my head...
james has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant future

Army: P.O.L.
james's Tacoma Gallery
2nd Impression Nitrocharger Sport Stiffness

So...I switched over from a completely blown-out factory 160K stock suspension to an OME suspension. 881s, Nitrocharger Sport shocks on all four corners. Not knowing what to expect, I drove the new suspension and my first impression was that it was STIFF. E-Gads, was it stiff. I was driving it without a load in the back, only a canopy. I wondered how I was going to get used to how stiff it was.

Today, it got better. A LOT better. Today on another part of the internet I read a thread talking about how a guy adjusted his tire pressure for the surfaces he drives on. I was running 35 lbs on an empty bed. He let the air out to 20 lbs when he knows he's going to drive on dirt/washboarded roads. I decided to do the same.

On my Ride-Rite airbags, which I had adjusted so as to raise up the rear to match the front (I didn't replace the rear springs this time, since I had the airbags), I had about 40 lbs of pressure in them. I took it down to 10 lbs. What a difference both adjustments made on the truck: an INCREDIBLE difference!

On dirt, this truck is smooth and safe. On the pavement, it's much more comfortable even when I run my tires at 26lbs psi.

Comfortable, comfortable, comfortable. I was beginning to wonder if I had made the right decision. I am now amazed at how such a small adjustment could make my truck feel so much better. NOW, I am happy with my suspension replacement, and can recommend Nitrocharger Sports without reservation.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:13 PM   #2
04SilverTRD is on a distinguished road
Army: Engineers
04SilverTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Did I read that right?

You went from 40# to 10# of pressure in the tires? am I reading this right?
Old 06-17-2011, 02:38 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04SilverTRD View Post
You went from 40# to 10# of pressure in the tires? am I reading this right?
No, you read wrong, he went from 40# to 10# in his adjustable air bag rear suspension.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:54 PM   #4
04SilverTRD is on a distinguished road
Army: Engineers
04SilverTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, I see it now... I'm reading to fast.

"On my Ride-Rite airbags...."

Thanks,