Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Light Racing A Arms ???

Old 05-26-2011, 06:25 PM   #1
virgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
virgilus11's Tacoma Gallery
Light Racing A Arms ???

Let's say that you have a little bit too much of negative camber. Can you adjust it from the top nut only ??? with out affecting the toe and (or) the caster ???.

Thank you for the wisdom.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:25 PM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgilus11 View Post
CRIIIIIIS,,,, I need your help please.
Shoot him a PM
Old 05-26-2011, 07:34 PM   #4
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Let's say that you have a little bit too much of negative camber. Can you adjust it from the top nut only ??? with out affecting the toe and (or) the caster ???.

Yes. You can slide the UCA camber adjustment in and out without effecting caster as long as you dont rotate the caster adjustment.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:51 AM   #6
"Really, how hard can it be?" Jeremy Clarkson
elwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Neal
elwood's Tacoma Gallery
Help me here, what is stoping the ball joint from moving on its own (camber wise ) other than the tightness of the nut??? I understand the caster settings ( i hope ) of the ball joint but the "slot" for the camber seems like a weak point for this arm. I havn't had one in my hands yet so just trying to picture it. Any locking mechanisms other than pure torque of the nut?
Old 05-27-2011, 06:24 AM   #7
virgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
As I see it ,, you are right. The torque it self. But the way I see it, the wheel is moving up and down and in straight line there is very little tension on that nut.
The only time when that nut can move is when you hit a big bump around a turn. This is when the wheel put a lot of pressure -in and out- on the a arms.
Frankly, if I hit something that hard and something has to give up ???? I would prefer that the nut move in or out and all I have to do ,,, is another alignment.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:34 AM   #8
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
i rolled my truck and it snapped the knuckle that the UCA ball joint was connected to, literally the entire weight of my truck rolled up onto the wheel and the ball joint did not slide out of alignment.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:25 PM   #9
elwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

elwood's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFA View Post
i rolled my truck and it snapped the knuckle that the UCA ball joint was connected to, literally the entire weight of my truck rolled up onto the wheel and the ball joint did not slide out of alignment.
That sounds impressive. I assume the truck you are refering to is the 1st gen in the picture. Are the arms for the 1st gen pretty similar to the arms for the 2nd gen? Adjustable ball joint and the slot for the camber?
Old 05-27-2011, 12:31 PM   #10
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwood View Post
Help me here, what is stoping the ball joint from moving on its own (camber wise ) other than the tightness of the nut??? I understand the caster settings ( i hope ) of the ball joint but the "slot" for the camber seems like a weak point for this arm. I havn't had one in my hands yet so just trying to picture it. Any locking mechanisms other than pure torque of the nut?
Nope that's it. In researching, I came across one guy who wasn't happy with LR UCAs because he kept losing his alignment while desert running, so he switched to Total Chaos. But he ran it pretty hard (jumping? not sure)
Old 05-27-2011, 12:39 PM   #11

elwood's Tacoma Gallery
thanks Moose, did you set the camber before the alignment or did you do like in the video having the truck on the machine and then torque the bolt when it was at desired camber?
Old 05-27-2011, 01:49 PM   #12
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That sounds impressive. I assume the truck you are refering to is the 1st gen in the picture. Are the arms for the 1st gen pretty similar to the arms for the 2nd gen? Adjustable ball joint and the slot for the camber?
Yeah I'm guessing its almost the same with the slot to adjust the joint, I ran mine pretty hard out at table mesa and I haven't had an issue with the alignment at all I did torque the shit out of that nut when I got back from the alignment shop just because of that same reason but I'm very satisfied
Old 05-27-2011, 02:00 PM   #13
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

virgil any time you change the camber it will effect caster and vise versa....
Quote:
i wheel the piss outa my truck and it never moved...
not jumping but wheelin
Old 05-27-2011, 02:04 PM   #14
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
I had to do it twice (search thru my recent threads)

But for the one that stuck, ended up setting most of the camber up top.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:17 PM   #15
Well guy's,,, thank you for the help ad wisdom.
I took the liberty and adjusted the camber on the left side of my truck yesterday night by loosing up the nut and pushing in a little bit the wheel. I had a 0.5 positive and try to get it to 0*.
Today ,, I went to Toyota and spent $99 for an alignment and the guy told me that- the alignment is fine and that the adjustment I made brought the camber to 0* only and the caster,toe is the same as it was last time.
I don't know if this is pure luck but it worked. I would really like to hear it from Light Racing Manufacturer if this is some luck or not ??