Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Need opinion on lift option..

Old 05-26-2011, 08:40 PM   #1
Itsnevertoearlytostartbee fingupyourobituary
VanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
VanillaGorilla's Tacoma Gallery
Need opinion on lift option..

So my next step in the tacoma transformation is going to be the lift.

I'm trying to think practically because as of right now I'm not doing much, if any off roading. I would eventually like to hit some trails down the road with the groups that go out to the Hollister area? and want to feel comfortable with my suspension and it's capabilities. (yes I know I have a prerunner) I'll be going for a 3 in lift and was thinking this would be the route to go with for now.

Option 1
1) Billys in all 4 corners. Front set at 2.5"
2) 1.5"-2" AAL.
3) .5" top plate spacer.

OR

Option 2
1) OME

I'll be going with some Terra Grapplers as well. 265/70/16

Option 2 would be me biting the bullet and spending a little more money. Both will give me the desired look but was wondering if Option 1 would be an OK set up for off roading. I get that the OME is all around a better set up. Just wondering if I'm being to cheap if I go with Option 1.

Any help is appreciated. Sorry if you guys hear this question all the time...
Old 05-26-2011, 08:44 PM   #2
VanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
why stack lifts?

go with OME

and bump up to 265/75's
Ya thats what I was uneasy about.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:48 PM   #3
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
there's no question...OME
Old 05-26-2011, 08:50 PM   #4
eagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud of
Law Enforcement:
Name: Scott
eagle5521's Tacoma Gallery
For the ride quality of the OME, it is worth biting the bullet!
Old 05-26-2011, 09:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopDoctor View Post
there's no question...OME
Dont know why I made this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle5521 View Post
For the ride quality of the OME, it is worth biting the bullet!
Ya I think I'm going to go with the OME. Want something more capable later on too.