Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2010 Toyota Tacoma with TSB and 5100s

Old 05-28-2011, 08:51 AM   #1
RoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to behold

RoyR's Tacoma Gallery
2010 Toyota Tacoma with TSB and 5100s

Toyota did the rear leaf TSB on my Taco and I asked them to install the Bilsteins, with the 5100's set to 1.75" in the front. The ride is 10 times better than stock! I only have the shocks, no other spacers or stuff.

Wheels: Weld Racing 17x8.5, 6x5.5 -6mm Backspcing 4-7/8
Tires: Hankook Dynapro ATM 265x70x17
TSB: T-SB-0359-10 Rear Spring Harsh Ride

Thanks to:

Shocks - Downsouth Motorsports (Marco)
Tires - Extreme Custom Wheels ("Mescalero")
Wheels - Forum Member ("Gorilla_97")

SlideShow:

http://tinyurl.com/3e8at9d

Pics:

Fronts set to 1.75"....just to level out the truck.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:41 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!
Old 05-28-2011, 09:55 AM   #3
RoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to behold

RoyR's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, if you look at the front suspension pic, it looks like there was some rubbing on the inner front tire, not sure if that was from before the lift, or my speed bump testdrive this AM. I can't feel rubbing and it sure looks like there is enough clearance.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:30 PM   #4
Once a gorilla always a gorilla
Gorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Thomas
Gorilla_97's Tacoma Gallery
Roy,
The wheels look great on the white Taco!
Old 05-28-2011, 07:29 PM   #5
Frostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Frostbyte's Tacoma Gallery
looks great! i wish i was able to get the tsb done...
Old 05-28-2011, 08:32 PM   #6

RoyR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbyte View Post
looks great! i wish i was able to get the tsb done...
What is the problem? Dealer not working with you??

PS. My service tech was extremely helpful, and he recommended I not mention anything about the TSB, but just to complain about the suspension hitting the stops, causing a harsh ride....then told me to ask for him personally, and all was well. I do tow a boat too with this truck, so it was a legitimate complaint. Forgot to take a pic of the boat today, will add it next week!

"Customer reports rear suspension to be softer than expected, bottom out if towing" was the exact service note...
Old 05-29-2011, 06:39 AM   #7
Frostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Frostbyte's Tacoma Gallery
i have an 07, apparently it has to be within the 3/36k warranty, or so i have been told.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:40 AM   #8
Space For Rent
Bloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: EN3 (SW/AW) 94-98
Name: Greg
Bloodhound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyR View Post

PS. My service tech was extremely helpful, and he recommended I not mention anything about the TSB, but just to complain about the suspension hitting the stops, causing a harsh ride....then told me to ask for him personally, and all was well. I do tow a boat too with this truck, so it was a legitimate complaint. Forgot to take a pic of the boat today, will add it next week!

+1

When I went in for my last service I asked if there was a recall for rear shocks or something (playing stupid) and mentioned that when I hauled water softener tabs for my father I had about 400-500lbs. in the bed and it was all over the road and sagging with that load. He said they'd fix it and it was a known issue. All I need to do is call ahead and remind him to order the springs before the next oil change.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:38 PM   #9
IKMtacoma is on a distinguished road

IKMtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
does this apply to the 2011 Tacoma SR5 without the TRD package?
Old 06-15-2011, 09:30 PM   #10
thebestbradly is on a distinguished road
EMS: EMT
Name: Brad
thebestbradly's Tacoma Gallery
Hey you had this done in Poway? I live in PQ and am looking to do the same thing with my 2011 trd. how much did they charge you to put the billys in too?
Old 06-17-2011, 03:52 PM   #11

RoyR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebestbradly View Post
Hey you had this done in Poway? I live in PQ and am looking to do the same thing with my 2011 trd. how much did they charge you to put the billys in too?
Yes, Toyota of Poway...they did the 15k service, the rear TSB and I asked to install the billies front/rear. I think they asked me $450, extra....if you take off $150 for alignment, that they include, it's not soo bad. Could probably have negotiated a better price, but I was done with it!
Old 06-20-2011, 08:10 PM   #12
rc2125 is on a distinguished road
Army:
rc2125's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbyte View Post
i have an 07, apparently it has to be within the 3/36k warranty, or so i have been told.
Yes, or at least that's what toyota and dealer have stated to me. Went round and round and round for the past week tyring to get them to cover mine for the tsb. Had asked them twice, prior to 36k, if they knew of any issues with these quad cabs bottoming out on humps in the road, when towing loads not even near the limits, they said no known issues. Recently discovered the rear tsb info online here, had my truck in for the front cv boots coming off, again, and asked if they would cover the cost of the rear tsb, seeing how I had asked about the problem prior to the warranty. Long story short, even with the 100,000mile extended warranty, neither the dealer nor toyota would cover the tsb costs (post 36k).
Old 07-06-2011, 06:37 PM   #13
drewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
drewskie's Tacoma Gallery
Ok ok, I am going to bump this as I have a question. i ordered the 5100's, I have an AAL in back and I want the truck to sit level with about 1.5- 2 inches of lift. What setting do i want to set the Billies at? Is it the 1.75? Thanks.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:38 PM   #14

RoyR's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ Mine has a slight forward rake, I'd probably set the billies to 2.5...let us know what happens
Old 08-14-2011, 09:31 AM   #15
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mattgecko's Tacoma Gallery
Hi Roy - Love your setup, after seeing your pics, I ended up ordering the same.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:51 AM   #16
Bolt79 is on a distinguished road

Bolt79's Tacoma Gallery
Hi Roy -- You also inspired me; I had the rear TSB put on last week and ordered the 5100's. Now I'm trying to decide, do I go .85 or 1.75? I don't want the front higher than the rear. I only got about an inch of lift from the TSB, so I'm wondering if you have experienced much settling in the rear since you did your set-up? Could you post some recent pictures, I'd like to see your stance now that you've ran this set-up for a few months (assuming you're still running the 5100's with the TSB).