Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Icon RR Rear Shocks

Old 05-28-2011, 09:34 AM   #1
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
Icon RR Rear Shocks

so ive been looking everywhere checked out icons site and all my searching has not provided any information on these shocks.. all i really want to know is how much travel do they have?

wheelers sells these for 398 for the set and ive pretty much got my mind made up
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/9504donahoetacoma.htm

Old 05-28-2011, 09:43 AM   #2
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
have you tried calling wheelers?
Old 05-28-2011, 09:50 AM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
IIRC, those are made by Edelbrock, and have a 10.75" stroke.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:16 AM   #4
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
have you tried calling wheelers?
they are closed on sat and im impatient lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
really? interesting.. are they rebuildable as well? and arent you running these too?
Old 05-28-2011, 10:17 AM   #5
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
I can't find those suckers in stock anywhere.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:18 AM   #6

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
shit... i hope they have them in.

it might be different for 1st gens but it looks like ill be calling asap
Old 05-28-2011, 12:34 PM   #7
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFA View Post
they are closed on sat and im impatient lol

really? interesting.. are they rebuildable as well? and arent you running these too?
No. Those are not rebuildable. Im running teh 2.5" RR shocks, and they are made by Icon, and rebuildable.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:43 PM   #8

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
i checked on icons site and the 2nd gen rr shocks look the same with 2nd gen mounting, did you get a different type of shock?
Old 05-28-2011, 02:24 PM   #9

Quote:
i checked on icons site and the 2nd gen rr shocks look the same with 2nd gen mounting, did you get a different type of shock?
Did you not read my post above? Yes. I have teh Icon 2.5" RR shocks. Not the 2" RR's.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:23 PM   #10

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
I couldn't find those listed on icons site. Atleast in the 2nd gen section, maybe I'm just blind? There's a high probability of that lol I dunno ill give them a call Tuesday and see what's up
Old 05-28-2011, 03:40 PM   #11

Quote:
I couldn't find those listed on icons site. Atleast in the 2nd gen section, maybe I'm just blind? There's a high probability of that lol I dunno ill give them a call Tuesday and see what's up
I guess they are brand new, and not listed yet. Give Sonny or Marco a call at DSM and see if they have them.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:45 PM   #12
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
x2 they're just rebranded Edelbrock's. I would go with Fox's over those... Or the 2.5 Icon's chris has
Old 05-28-2011, 03:50 PM   #13

BFA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
x2 they're just rebranded Edelbrock's. I would go with Fox's over those... Or the 2.5 Icon's chris has
Yeah those are the ones I want.. ill give DSM and icon a call next week