Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME Top Spacer Bolts

Old 05-29-2011, 04:56 AM   #1
JGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud of
JGJ's Tacoma Gallery
OME Top Spacer Bolts

I want to remove my OME top spacer.

Do you know if the longer top mount bolts that come with the spacer will fit without the spacer? Or will they be too long?

I don't have the original shorter bolts that came with the OME lift.

If not, you think I could just buy these at the hardware store?

Thanks
Old 05-29-2011, 09:06 AM   #2
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
They'll still fit.

I put some on initially in case I wanted to add a top plate spacer later. Not much chance of that, it turns out. 885 springs fully lifted my regular cab.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:31 AM   #4
JGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud ofJGJ has much to be proud of
JGJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
They'll still fit.

I put some on initially in case I wanted to add a top plate spacer later. Not much chance of that, it turns out. 885 springs fully lifted my regular cab.
So you have the Top Spacer bolts on now? Are they the ones that come with the top spacer?

Just trying to clarify since EVILSTI says they wont work.

Thanks guys
Old 05-29-2011, 09:32 AM   #5
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVILSTI View Post
The threads wont be low enough to tighten the nuts all the way down.
Steve (bjmoose) has his installed with no spacer

Apparently his work
Old 05-29-2011, 09:40 AM   #7
Valley Viking is on a distinguished road

Valley Viking's Tacoma Gallery
I removed my top plate spacers and the bolts had enough thread to tighten up. At worst you need to add a couple of washers under thr nut.