Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

A little more lift

Old 05-31-2011, 10:57 AM   #1
U.S.M.C.
bowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: HQ BN Truck CO 2nd Marine Division, RS Salt lake city, 6th Marine Regiment, 7th Marine Regiment
bowzerdoo77's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to bowzerdoo77 Send a message via Skype™ to bowzerdoo77
A little more lift

Ok I looked for this so ill ask. I have a pro comp 6 in ch lift on my truck and my tires are 295/70/18's and at full turn they rub a little. I hav trimmed the plastic a bit and they are rubbing on the backs not the front. So my question is, are there any other options to get a little more lift in the front? should i have went with the stage II lift and if so whats the difference? any help is appreciated thanks.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:59 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Since you are 4wd I don't think you can go any higher without tearing up the CV boots.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:03 AM   #4
U.S.M.C.
bowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: HQ BN Truck CO 2nd Marine Division, RS Salt lake city, 6th Marine Regiment, 7th Marine Regiment
Send a message via Yahoo to bowzerdoo77 Send a message via Skype™ to bowzerdoo77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
You are doing it all wrong, you need smaller tires, like this:

thats a great idea ill just try that ha ha
Old 05-31-2011, 11:03 AM   #5
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
i would trim until you dont have anymore rubbing. thats the easiest and cheapest solution.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:05 AM   #6
U.S.M.C.

I know but i dont want it to look like shit. you know.. I should have gotten a little smaller tire.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:05 AM   #7
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetMonkey View Post
i would trim until you dont have anymore rubbing. thats the easiest and cheapest solution.
this^

are you really wanting more lift or to just not rub anymore?
Old 05-31-2011, 11:09 AM   #8
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowzerdoo77 View Post
I know but i dont want it to look like shit. you know.. I should have gotten a little smaller tire.
can you take a pic of where its rubbing? you really can trim alot and it wont look like crap. you can check out my build thread to see how much i trimmed.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...eys-build.html
Old 05-31-2011, 11:14 AM   #9
U.S.M.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetMonkey View Post
can you take a pic of where its rubbing? you really can trim alot and it wont look like crap. you can check out my build thread to see how much i trimmed.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...eys-build.html
your truck looks real clean man ill trim a little more..
Old 05-31-2011, 11:14 AM   #10
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
You are doing it all wrong, you need smaller tires, like this:
At least he actually used new leaf springs instead of lift blocks like most of the domestic guys do.

All the Jacked up domestic trucks around here are running around on a DB lift up front with double stacked 4" blocks in the back on stock leaf springs.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:49 AM   #11
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
You can add a suspension lift on top of the lift you already have, since it's just a drop bracket lift. It doesn't change the angle of your CV's at all.

TW member TacoRidinHigh has 9" of total lift accomplished this way. Several other have 7 or 8" of lift by using this method.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:51 AM   #12
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
You can add a suspension lift on top of the lift you already have, since it's just a drop bracket lift. It doesn't change the angle of your CV's at all.

TW member TacoRidinHigh has 9" of total lift accomplished this way. Several other have 7 or 8" of lift by using this method.
x2. or do they have like a 1/4 inch body lift?
Old 05-31-2011, 11:53 AM   #13
mxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
mxnborder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post

You could probably stick a small spacer ontop of your coilovers or the big spacer you have whichever is on top lol