1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bilstein 5100's

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by VolcomTacoma, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Jun 1, 2011 at 7:12 AM
    VolcomTacoma

VolcomTacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 4x4 6 Speed Supercharged
    Front- Camburg 4x4 Long Travel 2.5" King Coilovers 2.5" King Triple Bypasses Wheelers Superbumps Rear- DMZ SUA 16" 3.0 King Triple Bypasses 3" 2.0 Fox bumps Wheels and Tires- 295/75/16 Toyo ATII XTREME SCS SR8 Dark Matte Bronze 16" Lighting- (2) 30" Combo light bars (4) Iggycorp diffused pods Tepui Ayer TRD Supercharger URD Mark III 3" Exhaust URD 4x4 Y Pipe URD CAI URD 2.85 Stealth Pulley Hurst Core Shifter with Hurst T URD Stage 3 clutch URD Lightweight flywheel URD Throw out bearing upgrade AEM Wideband AFR Gauge Speedhut Boost Gauge Craven Speed Flex Pod mount Weathertech Floor Liners BAMF Sliders Ultragauge sPod SE ARB CKMTA12 Hella Supertone horns Relentless Tailgate Reinforcement
    I'm sure this is a repeat of similair posts, but unfortunately a US Aircraft carrier out in the middle of a combat zone has quite crappy internet, so bear with me please.

I will be returning stateside within the month, and after reading up on suspensions and all kinds of other things, i've decided to just start with Bilstein 5100's all around. From what I've read, those at least improve the ride, all around.

My questions are;

How much should i expect to pay for the shocks themselves?

I don't really know all that much about shocks/coils or anything like that, sooo what all will i need to buy?

If i go with 1.75 (? i think) setting, that will merely level my Taco, but i want to make sure i still have plenty of travel left so i won't be messing up the suspension (my street has many potholes)

Does anyone here know where i would go about buying these things, IE a link to their store or a store. Doing the research takes forever.

Thanks guys for any info you can provide. It literally took my half an hour of reloading this screen just to get to this point.

~J

2. Jun 1, 2011 at 7:20 AM
    JLee

JLee The Man! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 Extra cab SAS Linked front and rear
    I lost track thousands of dollars ago.
    I don't know much about the prices on the 2nd Gens but it should be no more then 400 out the door I would think. Go with downsouthmotorsports.com they are a vender here and have great prices.

Edit I just checked and there 299.00

3. Jun 1, 2011 at 7:06 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
  4. Jun 1, 2011 at 7:14 PM
    Taco-NB

Taco-NB MMMMM Taco's

Member:
    New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    '09 4X4 SR5 Access Cab V6 - Black Sand Pearl
    Put front 5100's and a 5th AAL on the rear. Looks awesome but the ride is definately rougher. Still have to replace the rear with 5100's

No regrets though!!

5. Jun 1, 2011 at 7:22 PM
    Taco-NB

Taco-NB MMMMM Taco's

Member:
    New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    '09 4X4 SR5 Access Cab V6 - Black Sand Pearl
    Yea ... I'm in Canada so the "TSB" is stock up here. Did the front 5100's at 2.5 and the rear 1.5 AAL so only need the rear 5100's now but the ride is definately harsher! The added lift is worth it.

6. Jun 3, 2011 at 1:16 PM
    mrlooney88

mrlooney88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '10 d/c sr5 4x4
    Hello all....I am also new here to the world of lifts and all the stuff that comes with it.My question is I would like to install the 5100's all the way around.I also would like to get a tire and wheel combo that will let me have maybe a 18" wheel and a lower profile tire that will be about the same size as the 265's on my stock rims.I pretty much stay on the road and do not haul much.Any recomendations on what to do?I'm not looking for an extreme lift just trying to level it out.

7. Jun 4, 2011 at 8:31 AM
    VolcomTacoma

VolcomTacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 4x4 6 Speed Supercharged
    Front- Camburg 4x4 Long Travel 2.5" King Coilovers 2.5" King Triple Bypasses Wheelers Superbumps Rear- DMZ SUA 16" 3.0 King Triple Bypasses 3" 2.0 Fox bumps Wheels and Tires- 295/75/16 Toyo ATII XTREME SCS SR8 Dark Matte Bronze 16" Lighting- (2) 30" Combo light bars (4) Iggycorp diffused pods Tepui Ayer TRD Supercharger URD Mark III 3" Exhaust URD 4x4 Y Pipe URD CAI URD 2.85 Stealth Pulley Hurst Core Shifter with Hurst T URD Stage 3 clutch URD Lightweight flywheel URD Throw out bearing upgrade AEM Wideband AFR Gauge Speedhut Boost Gauge Craven Speed Flex Pod mount Weathertech Floor Liners BAMF Sliders Ultragauge sPod SE ARB CKMTA12 Hella Supertone horns Relentless Tailgate Reinforcement
    *Update*

Thanks all for the posts, I have since contacted DSMS and will be purchasing a full set of 5100's as soon as I return home at the end of the month. Marco was very helpful and very informative, they totally hav my business when I get back. Now I just have to figure out if i have 3 leaf's or 4, and if I need to get that TSB done or not.

Just a quick question, if i DO have 4 leaf springs, and I put 5100's all the way around, and put it at the 1.75" setting, that 'should' level the truck, correct? Also, will I have any problems with that setting, and should i add any other things to this for a nice ride?

Thanks guys for all the feed back!

~Jeff

Products Discussed in

To Top