Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Maintaining Rake

Old 06-02-2011, 11:37 AM   #1
willimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to behold

Name: Will
willimatic's Tacoma Gallery
Maintaining Rake

I have read several threads and it seems mixed answers come up. But I want to see if my logic is well, logical!

I am going to be installing 884s and expect anywhere from 2-2.5" of lift. I have non TSB so in order to maintain as close to stock rake I would think a 2" AAL would work best?

But several threads seem to say you want to use 1.5" AAL with 884s. I don't want it to be level but still have Rake for the hauling I do. It doesn't have to be exactly stock rake but I need some rake. I definitely don't want more than stock rake though.

Any suggestions?
Old 06-02-2011, 12:17 PM   #2
"Really, how hard can it be?" Jeremy Clarkson
elwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Neal
elwood's Tacoma Gallery
this is mine with 884's and 1.5 aal from toytec. Apart from the difference double cab to your access i have the same factory rake as before lift. my 1.5 aal gave more than 1.5 and hasn't shown signs of any less yet. More pics in my gallery.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:18 PM   #3
willimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwood View Post
this is mine with 884's and 1.5 aal from toytec. Apart from the difference double cab to your access i have the same factory rake as before lift. my 1.5 aal gave more than 1.5 and hasn't shown signs of any less yet. More pics in my gallery.

What is your leaf pack? I noticed you were in Canada and I think you have a 4 leaf pack compared to my 3 leafer ?
Old 06-02-2011, 12:25 PM   #4
elwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shedelwood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

elwood's Tacoma Gallery
yes i have the 4 pack. My original 4 pack was replaced with a new tsb 4 pack as the dealer said i quailified for the tsb. They told me that a new part was created and my first 4 pack was different.??? not sure but free so WTH.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:29 PM   #5

Ok, thanks!
Old 06-02-2011, 01:03 PM   #6
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Certain amount of guesswork involved, including how worn your springs already are.

But I'd vote 2" AAL to keep rake with 884s.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:06 PM   #7
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yes i have the 4 pack. My original 4 pack was replaced with a new tsb 4 pack as the dealer said i quailified for the tsb. They told me that a new part was created and my first 4 pack was different.??? not sure but free so WTH.
What ?

They fucked up
Old 06-02-2011, 01:07 PM   #8
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
Certain amount of guesswork involved, including how worn your springs already are.

With a 3 leaf pack , yes , I agree
Old 06-03-2011, 04:39 AM   #9

elwood's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
What ?

They fucked up
??? Not entirely sure , but the part numbers for the "newer" 4 pack are different then the part number for the original 4 pack on my truck. It did sit higher and rode a smidge stiffer. I have a friend with the same year as mine and it sits lower without the tsb. I doubt it's fatique as well cause his is a grocery getter.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:42 AM   #10

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
??? Not entirely sure , but the part numbers for the "newer" 4 pack are different then the part number for the original 4 pack on my truck. It did sit higher and rode a smidge stiffer. I have a friend with the same year as mine and it sits lower without the tsb. I doubt it's fatique as well cause his is a grocery getter.
What's the Canadian TSB number ?
Old 06-03-2011, 02:09 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post

Rake is wanted but not more than stock rake! 2" in rear, 2-2.5" up front should do just that.

I even think the 1.5" will keep some rake now that I've thought about it more.

Thanks for the help
Old 06-03-2011, 02:17 PM   #12

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
You asked to maintain factory rake so what Steve said is correct .

It's actually pretty simple , going up
2" in the front , you need to go up 2" in the back to maintain factory rake .

What Steve was correctly pointing out is that if your leaf springs has sagged in the rear you will no longer be at factory rake , for example if you have sagged 1/2" since new , a 2" AAL will put you back to 1 1/2" above the factory rear height .
Old 06-03-2011, 02:21 PM   #13

Quote:
You asked to maintain factory rake so what Steve said is correct .

It's actually pretty simple , going up
2" in the front , you need to go up 2" in the back to maintain factory rake .

What Steve was correctly pointing out is that if your leaf springs has sagged in the rear you will no longer be at factory rake , for example if you have sagged 1/2" since new , a 2" AAL will put you back to 1 1/2" above the factory rear height .
Exactly, I've been over thinking stuff. This mod stuff can do that to you
Old 06-03-2011, 05:41 PM   #14

elwood's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What's the Canadian TSB number ?
The parts they put on are .......
The parts manager told me that a new part number was issued because of the new spring rate in the 4 pack and my 4 pack was the older spring rate.
Attached Thumbnails
Maintaining Rake-img00058-20110603-2015.jpg  
Old 06-03-2011, 06:00 PM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The parts they put on are .......
The parts manager told me that a new part number was issued because of the new spring rate in the 4 pack and my 4 pack was the older spring rate.
TSB 3055

I'll be jiggered