Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

3" lift and leveling kit

Old 06-02-2011, 04:14 PM   #1
rockytopvol is a glorious beacon of lightrockytopvol is a glorious beacon of lightrockytopvol is a glorious beacon of lightrockytopvol is a glorious beacon of lightrockytopvol is a glorious beacon of lightrockytopvol is a glorious beacon of light

Name: myles
rockytopvol's Tacoma Gallery
3" lift and leveling kit

Hey guys first timer here.. As far as posting on this site.. Anyways I been reading alot lately on here and tried to get ideas but you can call me picky. I have a 09 4 door silver tacoma, hate the color but im very fortunate for having it paid for by my grandpa. A couple of weeks ago I bought moto metal 951's and mickey thompson baja mtz 265/75/17 and just took them off because I want to go bigger. I talked to a guy today whose truck really caught my eye. I pulled over and talked to him and he had 35" nitto mud grapplers with dick cepek wheels obvious i knew that but I was more curious about the lift. He said all he had was a 3 inch lift and a leveling kit, had no problems with rubbing and only had to trim a little. Im jus wondering is this possible without major cutting? Ive read all on this sight and only seen people running 33's with 3 inch lift. Possible the leveling kit gave him extra height to fit them? I would love to get a 6" lift with 35's but money is tight and know if I get a 3 inch lift with 33's i will only want to go bigger. Does anyone have an answer of how he fit them on his truck?
Attached Thumbnails
3" lift and leveling kit-tacoma3.jpg  
Old 06-02-2011, 04:17 PM   #2
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
He doesn't go off road....or over any bumps.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:26 PM   #3
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah there is no way he fit 35's on a 3" lift without some major cutting. And he don't know what the hell he's talking about. 3" lift & and a leveling kit what the hell does that even mean? stacked lifts maybe.

If you want 35's on a 3" your going to be cutting and cutting a lot.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:33 PM   #4
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Uh.. That guy is full of it.... Leveling kit on a 3" lift is baddddddd... The A-arms can only go down so far.... He either did some trimming to fit the 35s or he was right and is running a leveling Kit with 3" strut lift, which is extremely bad. Now if you wanted to fit 35s the right way, is to run a some kind of drop bracket lift or do some buku trimming.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:47 PM   #5
rockytopvol is a glorious beacon of lightrockytopvol is a glorious beacon of lightrockytopvol is a glorious beacon of lightrockytopvol is a glorious beacon of lightrockytopvol is a glorious beacon of lightrockytopvol is a glorious beacon of light

I'm not to smart when it comes to lifts but I knew that sounded a little wierd to me. I am a fan of the 3" with 33's though and if i did end up going with 3" thats what id run . Of course my only concern with 6" is that it's my everyday driver even though i never go over 20 miles a day. Also to tell the truth his truck looked alot higher than 3 inches, and he may have just plain out not have known what he was talking about.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post
Uh.. That guy is full of it.... Leveling kit on a 3" lift is baddddddd... The A-arms can only go down so far.... He either did some trimming to fit the 35s or he was right and is running a leveling Kit with 3" strut lift, which is extremely bad. Now if you wanted to fit 35s the right way, is to run a some kind of drop bracket lift or do some buku trimming.
BTW what size tires you running? 285/75/17?
Old 06-03-2011, 09:49 PM   #8

Found the guys name out and was able to get him to send me a pic of his truck. Does this look like 3 inches?
Attached Thumbnails
3" lift and leveling kit-yota-lifted.jpg  
Old 06-04-2011, 03:50 AM   #9
bama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
bama trd's Tacoma Gallery
Thats a body lift , truck is lifted of off the frame in the pic. Did this to a 1995 Z71 in the past.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:52 AM   #10

Anything wrong with doing this? As far as the body lift and 35s? I will say to in person it looks alot higher than 3" i guess the tires make it even higher?