1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Heavy duty stock height leafs?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Yennek, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Jun 2, 2011 at 11:50 PM
    Yennek

Yennek [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1999 x-cab 4x4 V6
    So I just got back from an otherwise enjoyable Memorial Day vacation, but I've got an issue with the leaf springs on my '99 xtracab. They are sacked. I'm looking for suggestions of stiffer stock-ish height replacements. By the end of the weekend I was on the bump stops nearly the entire time, even though I was still 200lbs below the rear axle weight rating. I do daily drive it, but I don't mind a stiff ride, and having it handle all my gear + trailer when on vacation is much more important to me. I was looking at the Northwest Offroad heavy duty spring that are supposed to lift it only 3/4", but it sounds like they might actually lift it more than that. Any others I should look at? Any I should avoid?

Backstory/details:
    So several times a year I end up hauling a bunch of camping gear in the back plus ATV's on a trailer about 400 miles each way. Used to do this with my '88 4-cyl Toyota, but it tended to be a bit slow going over the pass. This past winter I got a good deal on a '99 xtracab with the V-6, and so far I really like the added power, however, it has never felt as nice and firm riding as the '88. Also, the '88 with the exact same loading, never had this bottoming out issue. If it matters the axle weights were: front - 2200#, rear - 2600#, trailer - 1550#. When I daily drive it, it usually just has a ~100lbs in the tool box behind the cab and in winter I toss a couple sand bags in the back for traction.

2. Jun 3, 2011 at 2:40 PM
    TacoSID138

TacoSID138 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner TRD
    Faded out tinted tails and 3rd brake light,deck-plate mod, dumped Flow Master 40, King EXTD coil overs, 1.5 AP shackles, AP EXPD leafs. 285 Hankook DynaPro ATM tires
    check wheelers. the have a 5 leaf packthats 1.5 linch of lift adn to increase load carrying you can get one of there custom add a leafs.

Products Discussed in

To Top