LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Need a shock with enough travel for my setup...

Old 06-03-2011, 08:31 AM   #1
gjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: LAR (Master Gunner/Instructor)
Name: Guy
gjbonner's Tacoma Gallery
Need a shock with enough travel for my setup...

I have a FabTech 6 inch lift with 5100s set at 1.75 inches. alcan is making me a leaf pack to lift the rear 8 inches getting rid of the block that was installed with the lift and matching the extra 1.75 i have in the front due to the shocks. It will probably be 9 inches total because they are giving me 300lbs over stock for my load capacity so i'll have an inch of positive rake in the back or so. i need a shock that will travel. i know nothing about the shock world when it comes to good bad and what works. i have bilstein in the front but could care less what goes in the rear as long as it is a good product. my main concern here is fit and travel. Bilstein 5160s all say for toy tacoma with 0-1 inch of lift leading me to believe there isnt going to be enough travel.

enlighten me people!