Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Broken Donahoe

Old 06-03-2011, 09:15 AM   #1
tacofan is on a distinguished road
tacofan's Tacoma Gallery
Broken Donahoe

I have a set of Donohoe coilovers on my 07 taco and the driver side spring just broke. Does anyone know if I can get just a spring, or if they will honor any sort of warrenty? I just talked to my mechanic and he said he can get a set of factory Monroes installed today for $600 but I was wondering how much it is going to lower the front of my truck. Can someone please help me here, I have to let him know on the Monroes in a few hours. Any other suggestions for aftermarket coil over that won't cost me $1100 like the Donohoes? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:28 AM   #2
Taco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Taco76087's Tacoma Gallery
You may be able to get a spring, as for the monroes for $600, you can get a set of radflos for $800 at Toytec

http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=72
Old 06-03-2011, 09:31 AM   #3
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
i would call donahoe and see if they will give you a replacement and/or ask how much
Old 06-03-2011, 09:34 AM   #4
Taco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Taco76087's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
i would call donahoe and see if they will give you a replacement and/or ask how much
Donahoe is now ICON, and I don't believe they sell to the public. Try contacting downsouth motorsports, they would probably be able to help you.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:43 AM   #5
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
you can buy direct from Icon... i've done it many times

you can order a new set of coils from them
Old 06-03-2011, 09:45 AM   #6
mxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
mxnborder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofan View Post
I have a set of Donohoe coilovers on my 07 taco and the driver side spring just broke. Does anyone know if I can get just a spring, or if they will honor any sort of warrenty? I just talked to my mechanic and he said he can get a set of factory Monroes installed today for $600 but I was wondering how much it is going to lower the front of my truck. Can someone please help me here, I have to let him know on the Monroes in a few hours. Any other suggestions for aftermarket coil over that won't cost me $1100 like the Donohoes? Thanks in advance.
Lets see the picture of the jump you broke it on? haha that is really crappy if it broke from nothing. . . i have DR's too : /
Old 06-03-2011, 09:47 AM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Well if you go back to the stock stuff then you will be at stock height. How much lower that will be depends on what the Hoes are set at.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:50 AM   #8
tacofan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxnborder View Post
Lets see the picture of the jump you broke it on? haha that is really crappy if it broke from nothing. . . i have DR's too : /

I wish it was a jump, but I think it was a pot hole. They were on my "05 that I rolled and then transfered them to the "07 that the insurance company was nice enough to buy me. I wonder if the rollover caused some damage that made it break a year later.

By the way I rolled it, landed it on its wheels, and drove it home! Tacoma's rule!
Old 06-03-2011, 09:55 AM   #9
mxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

By the way I rolled it, landed it on its wheels, and drove it home! Tacoma's rule![/QUOTE]

No way thats awesome !! got any pics of that ?
Old 06-03-2011, 09:57 AM   #10
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
By the way I rolled it, landed it on its wheels, and drove it home! Tacoma's rule!

No way thats awesome !! got any pics of that ?[/QUOTE]
Old 06-03-2011, 11:21 AM   #11
tacofan's Tacoma Gallery
I talked with Icon and they are going to rebuild the shock and replace the spring. The bad part is I will be driving a fracking mini-van while the taco sits on stands while the spring is getting replaced.

I will see if I can dig up pics of the rolled one. It really didn't look that bad, I was sideways across a field at way too high of speed when the tires hooked a small washout and around I went. Bounced of the passenger side top and skipped it over onto the wheels again. I cleared the cobwebs, clicked it into 4 wheel and drove it out. The impact twisted the crap out of it and there wasn't a straght part left on it, so the insurance company totalled it.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:26 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofan View Post
I talked with Icon and they are going to rebuild the shock and replace the spring. The bad part is I will be driving a fracking mini-van while the taco sits on stands while the spring is getting replaced.

I will see if I can dig up pics of the rolled one. It really didn't look that bad, I was sideways across a field at way too high of speed when the tires hooked a small washout and around I went. Bounced of the passenger side top and skipped it over onto the wheels again. I cleared the cobwebs, clicked it into 4 wheel and drove it out. The impact twisted the crap out of it and there wasn't a straght part left on it, so the insurance company totalled it.
thats so gnarly man! love to see pics! haha
Old 06-03-2011, 11:35 AM   #13
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

No way thats awesome !! got any pics of that ?[/QUOTE]

Hah sounds like my truck except I broke the spindle
Old 06-03-2011, 11:39 AM   #14

Hah sounds like my truck except I broke the spindle [/QUOTE]

take some rolling lessons come on! haha, we rolled my buddys 08 taco in the riverbed going like 50 and landed side-up, had to have our friend pull it from the side back on its wheels then towed it out, i thought it would start and we could drive it out, but i think the new ones might have some lockout thing if it flips or some funny business like that, but now hes got an even sicker 09 !