Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

I Chose....Kings (warning big pics)

Old 06-03-2011, 12:15 PM   #1
socal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to all
socal4x's Tacoma Gallery
I Chose....Kings (warning big pics)

Did I choose wisely? Time will tell. So far, so good. Here's what I know/learned:

1. They were pretty easy to install. I went in from the front since I couldn't get them to clear the front drive shaft, meaning I disconnected the steering tie rod.

2. Definitely better ride quality than my Billy 5100s @ 1.75...most likely because of the preloaded stock coil w/ the Billys.

3. There is a vast amount of info out there, especially from shops, etc. -- best bet is to only go to TW for advice/info...thanks guys.

4. After install the resi hose contacted the UCA. Talked to a King tech who told me to whack it down closer to the coil with a rubber mallet -- it worked. I may upgrade UCAs in the future.

5. Despite all of the nay sayers, I was able to adjust them on truck quite easily...lubed up with breakfree w/tsp and made my own spanner since the one that came with the coils couldn't turn past the resi hose
Just a 5/16 allen hammered halfway into a galvanized nipple.

6. Coils were supposed to give 2-2.25 inches out of the box but only gave about 1.5. In my haste, I took measurements, but didn't write down exact #s. It was definitely less that my billys @1.75. I adjusted them to level with 4 extra turns on driver side, 2 on passenger (difference due to Taco lean). I am now about 37 1/2" to bottom of fender flare on both sides. Out back I am running Wheeler's 3 leaf pack w/tsb, no overload leaf. Truck sits level on 26570/17s.

Driver:

Pass:

7. Alignment is in spec, although on the border for caster: see below for printout.

I hope this helps others out. I will post more as I enjoy them. Right now truck is at dealer for some CEL bullshit so I'll post more pics as I get them.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ALIGNMENT.pdf (47.4 KB, 55 views)
Old 06-03-2011, 12:19 PM   #2
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
chose very wisely!

king will be my choice!
Old 06-03-2011, 12:20 PM   #3
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
beautiful! making me jealous, man!
Old 06-03-2011, 12:51 PM   #4
R.A.M.F (R@D A$$ MUTHA FU$KA)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
You will learn from your mistake. Kings?

Should've gotten a Spacer Lift and done it right. . .
Old 06-03-2011, 04:41 PM   #5
socal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to all
socal4x's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAD View Post
You will learn from your mistake. Kings?

Should've gotten a Spacer Lift and done it right. . .

If I don't like them I'm takin them off and just doin a 3" body lift
Old 06-03-2011, 06:57 PM   #8
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
I got some stockers with spacers that im selling, ill trade you guys your kings for my spacer + cash, sound good? pm me!
Old 06-03-2011, 07:54 PM   #10
Banned
TacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMatt02's Tacoma Gallery
do they ride like butta?
Old 06-03-2011, 07:54 PM   #11
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special_K View Post
damn dude 4 triple bypasses and some RR coilovers coming your way!!! ppffffff right....
damn ur going triples up front without even hucking your coil overs for a bit?
Old 06-03-2011, 08:01 PM   #13
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
for sure, thats sick....i've been on my king coils for 2+ years and I think i've had just enough seat time to go faster for longer and move to triples.