Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

expedition leaf pack install

Old 06-05-2011, 09:16 AM   #1
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: john
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnw Send a message via Yahoo to johnw
expedition leaf pack install

hey im just wondering on how the expedition leafs are suposed to be installed is it long side towards the bark or the front and what are the torque specs for the front and rear botls and u-bolts?
Old 06-05-2011, 10:58 AM   #4
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
The torque specs are as follows:
U bolts: 75 ft-lbs
Shackle bolts, and all others connecting the spring to the truck are 89#
Lower shocks mounting bolt is 74#, and the top nut is 15#

Courtesy of Chris4x4!
Old 06-05-2011, 11:01 AM   #5
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck911 View Post
The torque specs are as follows:
U bolts: 75 ft-lbs
Shackle bolts, and all others connecting the spring to the truck are 89#
Lower shocks mounting bolt is 74#, and the top nut is 15#

Courtesy of Chris4x4!
lol thanks also if you know what direction do the springs go? because i cant find anypics on the 2nd gens that show how in what direction the springs go and how does the ebrake line mount to the springs
Old 06-05-2011, 11:02 AM   #6
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
lol thanks also if you know what direction do the springs go? because i cant find anypics on the 2nd gens that show how in what direction the springs go and how does the ebrake line mount to the springs
The end with the single spring mounts to the shackles (left side in pic below) and the one that looks like two springs bend in a circle mount to the front (right side in pic below).

My e-brake line is just free floating, has been fine for the last 4months!

Old 06-05-2011, 11:13 AM   #8
Max's Canadian Twin

Quote:
so there aint no way to mount it to it? you would have thought they would make a mount for it
I never even tried too, but you could probably figure out a way to do it, but I've checked on it frequently and there's no signs of wear (on the outside), and it pulls/stretches with the truck when it flexs
Old 06-05-2011, 11:21 AM   #9
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

The 2nd gens I've installed rear springs on have been on center eye to eye, meaning theres no "longside" or "shortside" like on 1st gens, maybe a dumb question but sure you got the right springs ?? (srry man , had to ask)
Old 06-05-2011, 11:36 AM   #10
Banned
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
The 2nd gens I've installed rear springs on have been on center eye to eye, meaning theres no "longside" or "shortside" like on 1st gens, maybe a dumb question but sure you got the right springs ?? (srry man , had to ask)
tyhey are even lengths and yes i have the correct ones
Old 06-05-2011, 11:41 AM   #11
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
tyhey are even lengths and yes i have the correct ones

Thank God for that one huh !!! Looks like you have a stout side & a slightly thinner side is this right or is it my senior eyes playing games with me ? If I'm right I'd put the stout side forward & the more flexible side to the back...