Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Got my OME kit today - Few questions

Old 06-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #1
cmf21 is on a distinguished road
cmf21's Tacoma Gallery
Got my OME kit today - Few questions

Received my OME kit for my 04 TRD 4wd. Everything looks great and very heavy. It looks like I forgot to order the diff drop or they forgot. Rear shocks haven't came in. Have Bilsteins 5125's on the back for now. Anyways I have a few questions that I hope someone could answer.

1. Where does the extra leaf go? Third row down? Why no squeak / friction pad? What kind of grease do I need? Is it alright to use the same grease as the driveline? Why is the center part of the extra leafs flat looking, not curved. What should that center pin be torqued to?

2. What side of the truck does the leafs go?

3. Where does that 5mm trim packer go? Is it even needed?

4. Looks like the 10mm lift enhance kit sits on top of the strut assembly. I'm I correct? This should level out the truck, right?

5. I need to to grease the bushings when installing in the leafs and shackles and then afterwards? Is it alright to use the same grease that I have for the driveline?

6. What amount of for the front diff. I see 3/4 & 1". I should probably just get the one from Wheelers.

Old 06-11-2011, 12:57 AM   #2
Scott78 is on a distinguished road

Name: Scott
Scott78's Tacoma Gallery
Just box your kit back up and mail it to me.

Sorry I couldn't help with your questions. I'm watching for answers though so I can learn as well.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:58 AM   #3
Scott78 is on a distinguished road

Name: Scott
Scott78's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you get the kit by the way? And if you don't mind, what did you pay for it?
Old 06-11-2011, 01:07 AM   #4
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott78 View Post
Where did you get the kit by the way? And if you don't mind, what did you pay for it?
Also would like to know
Old 06-11-2011, 05:30 AM   #5
Save a horse ride a Railroader
Catcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to behold
Air Force: C-17 Loadmaster 2300 hrs
Name: Bryan
Catcrazed's Tacoma Gallery
The aal goes in where it fits in length longest to shortest the pre installed bushing goes toward front of truck witch side? U will have to look up. The aal does not mater not side specific. The 5mm goes on driver's side to level the truck not sure how it goes in. 10mm goes on top of struts before install. Grease some guys say there is chassis spec grease but semi's use reg grease all around and they run thousands of miles. I like the lucus red and tacky. Hope this helps happy wheeling and post pics.
Old 06-11-2011, 05:45 AM   #6
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
The 5mm trim packer goes on the driver side to compensate for "taco lean"
Old 06-11-2011, 06:04 AM   #7
TheHansen is on a distinguished road

TheHansen's Tacoma Gallery
The trim packer is what corrects the lean. It goes in between the coil and the top plate (need spring compressor to take this apart)

The 10mm lift enhancer kit does sit on the top of the strut and it gives you additional lift. It does not correct lean.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:24 AM   #8
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHansen View Post
The trim packer is what corrects the lean. It goes in between the coil and the top plate (need spring compressor to take this apart)
Unless for some reason the first gen shocks are set up different than the 2nd gen 90000's , the OME trim packer ring goes on the drivers side shock at the bottom , below the spring perch .
Old 06-11-2011, 09:00 AM   #9
cmf21's Tacoma Gallery
Got everything from Wheelers. I would have thought they would have installed that trim packer but I guess they don't. I've figured out where it goes so I'll have to do it myself. The other day, I bought some Royal Purple Ultra Performance Grease for my driveline. Haven't used it yet. Is this safe to use for the bushing, etc? The shape of the extra leafs have me a little concerned. They just don't look right not being fully curved but rather flat in the middle. From how long they are, and not having those friction pads, it look like it's going to be the thrid one down since the top two don't have the fiction pads eigher. I going to be calling Wheelers on Monday to find out.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:12 AM   #10
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
OP , when you are talking about the trim packer , do you mean the OME one that is in the bag in your picture in the first post ?
Old 06-11-2011, 09:33 AM   #12

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
OP ,

The OME trim packer kit , which is in the bag in your photo , is to compensate for drivers side lean .

It installs on the BOTTOM of the drivers side shock , below the spring perch , and in your picture looks like there already is a brass coloured ring below the spring perch on the upper shock in your picture , is that the case ?
Old 06-11-2011, 09:39 AM   #13
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
when i get my kit installed in the next few weeks i'm going to have them do stainless extended brake lines any way and any other line that may need it the next few weeks are going to be cool. all pro skids coming in and 33 inch tires with a fresh lift are going on! good luck with the instal bud i would absolutely listen to oz and psu guy they have alot of info on this stuff. take your time have an extra pair of hands to help out and make sure to check to make sure all bolt are tightened to spec! the manual can assist with all this.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:40 AM   #14
cmf21's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks OZ-T. The ring was already installed. I never noticed it. One less thing to worry about. Anyone have any tips on how to install the extended brake line?
Old 06-11-2011, 03:21 PM   #15
Catcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to beholdCatcrazed is a splendid one to behold
Ok so doesn't ur u joint have rubber seals so wouldn't driveline grease.be safe for rubber? Unless ur using full synthetic all grease starts with petroleum. I think this whole rubber friendly grease for spring bushings is a bit of a myth. Bearings have rubber seals to. BTW I'm sure royal purple is synthetic.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:58 PM   #17
ontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to all

ontarioyota's Tacoma Gallery
Got my ome kit today only waiting for the D6XL (thanks Box Rocket for your knowledge!)to come in.

Got it from OUIPAC ..ARB Canada...(thanks OZ-T)...great prices and service.

A couple ? for the OP

Where does the D6XL go...3rd from top or 3rd from bottom?

Also what type of grease did you use for the shackles?

Thanks
Old 08-26-2011, 07:30 PM   #18
The answer to ur ? Has already been posted in this thread. Come on and you have even started another thread asking the same .?
Old 08-26-2011, 07:57 PM   #19
ontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to all

ontarioyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catcrazed View Post
The answer to ur ? Has already been posted in this thread. Come on and you have even started another thread asking the same .?
hey..sorry...did not mean to offend.....do not have the aal in hand so it was hard to figure it out and your repy to the op makes sense...I missed it
Old 08-26-2011, 08:27 PM   #20
No prob and just think they build the spring longest to shortest so the aal is just another spring in the pack. I'm sure u read about the grease good luck on that one. Lol as previously stated I think any will work. But napa sells chassis grease in a tub I slather everything in it.