Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lift kit or leveling kit

Old 06-12-2011, 10:07 PM   #1
RyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really nice

Name: Ryan
RyanK1's Tacoma Gallery
Lift kit or leveling kit

Hey everyone, had a question concerning the lift in my 06. I have been under the assumption that its a 3" lift up front and an 1-1/4" in the rear. I was told recently that it is actually a leveling kit.
Is there a difference, I would love to know what I am working with here. Thanks.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:14 PM   #2
RyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really niceRyanK1 is just really nice

RyanK1's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Idaho, and yes there is a block in the rear. So another question then, would this leveling kit be similar to an in-coil lift? Or are they one and the same?
Old 06-12-2011, 10:31 PM   #3

RyanK1's Tacoma Gallery
"1. What the difference between a lift kit and a leveling kit? A lift kit lifts both the front and the rear of the vehicle. A leveling kit generally only lifts the front end so that the front and rear have the same amount of ground clearence."

I found this in that sticky thread. Now the front alone sounds like its just a leveling kit, but with the added block in the rear, does that not make it a lift kit. The Revtek website states that the kit includes both the front and rear components?

Old 06-12-2011, 10:36 PM   #4
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
A leveling kit and a lift kit are the same thing. A leveling kit just "lifts" the front end to be "level" with the back. You also have a block in the rear so the rear is "lifted" a little too. I would throw that hockey puck away ASAP and get some coil overs if you have the cash. Throw the block in rear away too and get yourself a ADD A Leaf. It'll ride 100 times better.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:40 PM   #5

RyanK1's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Kalamakid, appreciate the info. Believe me I would would love to swap them out, it does make for a rough ride. I wish I had the cash to make the change, but the family and I are just getting ready to buy our first house, so the truck is on the back burner for a little while.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:50 PM   #6

RyanK1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
x2. Not to mention could be unsafe due to your unfamiliar(ness?) with the installer and product depending on use. Good luck with the house and the truck.

Thank you and I agree, something that Im not too familiar with. The truck was handed down to me after my father passed away this past February, he purchased it as it is now. I'm just trying to learn as much about it as I can, so I dont sound like an idiot Thanks for the help you guys
Old 06-13-2011, 07:30 PM   #7

RyanK1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You are by far an idiot if you are trying to learn. I learn every day.
Hey now, be nice
Old 06-16-2011, 02:46 AM   #8
Eldowr will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Desk Sgt
Name: Donavon
Eldowr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You are by far not an idiot if you are trying to learn. I learn every day.

Fixed...
Old 06-16-2011, 04:28 PM   #9

RyanK1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldowr View Post
Fixed...
Heheh, thanks

Im not really planning on doing much more to the truck, the interior still smells like him, so Im always reminded when I get inside. Miss him lots