1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question on OME Lift for 2011 AC TRD

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by plm61, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Jun 14, 2011 at 2:47 PM
    plm61

plm61 [OP] Member

Member:
    After many hours of careful reading I thought I knew exactly what I wanted but after a visit to Four Wheel Parts in Riverside, and the salesguy's phonecall to ARB, I am back to research.

What I want: 2-3" lift, leveling, 32" tires likely on stock rims, spare to match and it must fit in original location without rubbing. My goal was a combined 4-5" lift from suspension and larger tires.

What I thought would work:

OME front coilovers with light coils (no intent on adding heavy bumper or winch)
    OME Dakar leaf pack
    Either TC or Toytec UCAs
    BFG ATs in either 285/70R16 or 285/75R16

However, according to the salesguy and ARB, this kit will raise the front 1.75" and the rear 2.75", adding 1" to the stock rake. ARB had no solution for leveling. It would seem to me that most people willing to install a replacement leaf pack would also want the rig level.

I thought that numerous folk here had installed essentially what I outline above and ended up with a level rig. So what am I missing? With the basic plan I am pursuing, what are my options for ending up with a level truck? Or should I look in a different direction?

Regards,

Patrick

2. Jun 14, 2011 at 7:34 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Just get 885's if you are trying to get 3"

3. Jun 15, 2011 at 8:26 AM
    plm61

plm61 [OP] Member

Member:
    Thanks for the feedback, I truly appreciate it. Your truck looks great - I would be happy with that.

I'm still having trouble with the math. Here is a link to ARB's vehicle specific guide for Tacos. It shows 1.75" lift front, 2.75" rear with the lights coils and leaf pack. It lists 5mm spacers for first gen tacos, but no spacers for 2nd gen. Even with a 10mm spacer, their kit would increase factory rake.

Perhaps my problem is that I'm relying on this PDF for a package instead of piecing it together. Other than this PDF, ARB's website was not very helpful. I was hoping to be near the end of my research and I guess that's not the case.

Regards,

Patrick

4. Jun 15, 2011 at 8:28 AM
    plm61

plm61 [OP] Member

Member:
    Yes, that is what I meant.

Thanks again,

Patrick

5. Jun 15, 2011 at 11:48 AM
    JonnyBb

JonnyBb I have to return some videotapes

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Pro (upgrade from my 2nd gen)
    Work in progress, but mods so far; OTT 7.0 tune, 255/85/16 Falken WildPeak M/Ts
  6. Jun 15, 2011 at 4:34 PM
    plm61

plm61 [OP] Member

Member:
    Great advice. Thank you.

I think I will do just that. Thanks!

Regards,

Patrick

7. Jun 15, 2011 at 4:51 PM
    trdtaco10

trdtaco10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fayetteville, NC
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD OR 4X4
    UWS toolbox, window tint, Bilstein 5100s on all four corners, black 16" TRD FJ wheels, 14" Shorty Antenna, Weathertech all weather floor liners, Satoshi Grill Mod, Rear leaf TSB, OME 885x's, Desert Racing UCAs, Icon 3 leaf AAL
    Check out http://www.downsouthmotorsports.com also for the UCAs. I just ordered a set from them and they are on sale/group buy for 525 this month! They are also starting to sell OME stuff also. Just giving you another option and place to look. Wheelers, Toytec, and Downsouth are IMO the best places to get parts

Products Discussed in

To Top