Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Question on OME Lift for 2011 AC TRD

Old 06-14-2011, 02:47 PM   #1
plm61 is on a distinguished road
plm61's Tacoma Gallery
Question on OME Lift for 2011 AC TRD

After many hours of careful reading I thought I knew exactly what I wanted but after a visit to Four Wheel Parts in Riverside, and the salesguy's phonecall to ARB, I am back to research.

What I want: 2-3" lift, leveling, 32" tires likely on stock rims, spare to match and it must fit in original location without rubbing. My goal was a combined 4-5" lift from suspension and larger tires.

What I thought would work:

OME front coilovers with light coils (no intent on adding heavy bumper or winch)
OME Dakar leaf pack
Either TC or Toytec UCAs
BFG ATs in either 285/70R16 or 285/75R16

However, according to the salesguy and ARB, this kit will raise the front 1.75" and the rear 2.75", adding 1" to the stock rake. ARB had no solution for leveling. It would seem to me that most people willing to install a replacement leaf pack would also want the rig level.

I thought that numerous folk here had installed essentially what I outline above and ended up with a level rig. So what am I missing? With the basic plan I am pursuing, what are my options for ending up with a level truck? Or should I look in a different direction?

Regards,

Patrick
Old 06-14-2011, 07:32 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
The first error I notice is the use of 4 wheel parts.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:34 PM   #3
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Just get 885's if you are trying to get 3"
Old 06-14-2011, 07:41 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
Why are they bad? Besides the fact they are 99.9% heep oriented. Ive placed a couple orders with them and never had any issues. Hell I got my Spidertrax wheel spacers from them for diiiiiirt cheap. I think I paid $50 for a set.
For me it was 50/50. I bought an intake for my Ranger and I got it with no issue. Then I went for shocks and they gave me the wrong ones and it took forever to get the correct ones. I have read a lot of negative reviews here and other sites of them just being horrible at doing anything. Most of the people that work there are gnar Monster bros that don't have a clue what a truck is other than the front should be higher than the rear and that shocks are badass.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:26 AM   #5
plm61's Tacoma Gallery
My Head Hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
To get the full 3" out of the light coils 884s, you will want the 10mm lift enhancer kit otherwise the front will only be about 2.5" of lift. I wasn't aware Toytec made UCAs, are you talking about the light racing ones?

As for the rear, the Dakar's give almost 3" of lift in the back, so if you are going for a level look and do not wish to maintain the factory rake there are two routes I would suggest going.

Either remove one of the leafs out of the Dakar leaf pack so that you don't get as much lift out of it, or just put an AAL onto your existing springs. To give you an idea of the lift the Dakars give, this is my truck with a true 3" lift up front and you can see there is still a bit of rake.
Thanks for the feedback, I truly appreciate it. Your truck looks great - I would be happy with that.

I'm still having trouble with the math. Here is a link to ARB's vehicle specific guide for Tacos. It shows 1.75" lift front, 2.75" rear with the lights coils and leaf pack. It lists 5mm spacers for first gen tacos, but no spacers for 2nd gen. Even with a 10mm spacer, their kit would increase factory rake.

Perhaps my problem is that I'm relying on this PDF for a package instead of piecing it together. Other than this PDF, ARB's website was not very helpful. I was hoping to be near the end of my research and I guess that's not the case.

Regards,

Patrick
Old 06-15-2011, 08:28 AM   #6
plm61's Tacoma Gallery
Correct

Quote:
I wasn't aware Toytec made UCAs, are you talking about the light racing ones?
Yes, that is what I meant.

Thanks again,

Patrick
Old 06-15-2011, 11:48 AM   #7
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
Just FYI, you might call Fat Bob's Garage if you are considering Light Racing UCAs. They gave me a better price than what was advertised on their site.

http://store.fatbobsgarage.com/light...-05-p7532.aspx
Old 06-15-2011, 04:34 PM   #8
plm61's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I suggest you call Toytec or Wheelers offroad and tell them exactly what your plans are for the truck (lift height front and back, extra loads such as bumpers, winch, towing) and they will get you set up correctly.

Here's some more info from Toytec's site:

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Great advice. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBb View Post
Just FYI, you might call Fat Bob's Garage if you are considering Light Racing UCAs. They gave me a better price than what was advertised on their site.

http://store.fatbobsgarage.com/light...-05-p7532.aspx
I think I will do just that. Thanks!

Regards,

Patrick
Old 06-15-2011, 04:51 PM   #9
trdtaco10 will become famous soon enough

trdtaco10's Tacoma Gallery
Check out http://www.downsouthmotorsports.com also for the UCAs. I just ordered a set from them and they are on sale/group buy for 525 this month! They are also starting to sell OME stuff also. Just giving you another option and place to look. Wheelers, Toytec, and Downsouth are IMO the best places to get parts