Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Sulastic rubber spring shackle for Tacoma???

Old 06-14-2011, 06:42 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Linky ?
Sulastic.com
Old 06-14-2011, 06:43 PM   #4
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Lol , dickhead
Old 06-14-2011, 06:43 PM   #5
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Quote:
Lol , dickhead
That's what I was thinking, but didn't say.....

https://www.sulastic.com/Default.aspx
Old 06-14-2011, 06:44 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Lol , dickhead
I got ya! Mwahahahahahahahahahahaha
Old 06-14-2011, 06:49 PM   #7
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=NelsonTacoma;3310060]That's what I was thinking, but didn't say.....

https://www.sulastic.com/Default.aspx[/QUOTE]

Thanks

Interesting product .
Old 06-14-2011, 06:51 PM   #9

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Nice video

I wonder if those things would work with Dakars
Old 06-14-2011, 10:01 PM   #11
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a tiny torsion bar at the end of the leaf. In theory this can damp out a lot of high-frequency vibrations better than the existing shackle, but the loads going through it are very severe. I'd like to see how this thing behaves with a full load in the bed or in a big jump.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:48 AM   #13
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
I would be very interested to see if these help at all, i would like to find a way to reverse and fab up mount with these installed to give me just a hair bit more preload. it seems like i find myself carrying more and more junk everyday and the little more spring might be nice.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:51 AM   #14
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 07-18-2011, 10:47 AM   #15
Tylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud of
Name: Tyler
Tylerm5000's Tacoma Gallery
The work on our Silverado 2500HD. A lot of people have them. But I went with greasable shackles on my Tacoma.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:19 PM   #16

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerm5000 View Post
The work on our Silverado 2500HD. A lot of people have them. But I went with greasable shackles on my Tacoma.
I wish someone would come out with greasable shackles for the 2nd gens
Old 07-28-2011, 06:18 AM   #17
Tylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud of
Quote:
I wish someone would come out with greasable shackles for the 2nd gens
There aren't any? That is odd. They work pretty well. I upgraded the rear leafs to the wheeler's 4-leaf from 3 leafs. Stock lift. And I added greasable eye bolts and new shackles. WOW. Rides very smooth.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:51 PM   #18
Got some of these today for my Tacoma. They worked really well for our truck so I decided to give them a try. I will install them very soon. First impressions out of the box- They are very heavy! They are about the same size as the 2500HD's. That's probably a good thing. I'll pay anything to help keep the rough road from irritating my painful back and neck. (except for buying a new truck, of course)

I kept the old HD's and I will keep the current ones for my Tacoma since these have the potential to wear out after 10 years (just a piece of mind thing). I'll probably have another car by then. haha
Old 01-09-2012, 07:51 PM   #19
Rust Framed Tacoma :)
lj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lj973gm's Tacoma Gallery
I need to see a bunch of reviews before I drop $350 for a product.

Please let us know your thoughts once you get them installed.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:30 PM   #20
Update:

They would work if you wanted more than an inch of lift and if you had an aftermarket exhaust.

I had to send them back after having to modify one of them.

One shackle had three sets of holes on the bracket that attaches to the frame of the truck to adjust the ride height. The longest set of holes raised the truck over an inch, the second holes pressed down on the leaf spring but did not lift the truck. The second set on the left side with the extra holes worked quite well, but I really needed to use the third set of holes to acheive stock height.

I found out after I drilled the holes in the second shackle that the third hole closest to the shackle's rubber hinge did not allow the shackle to pivot enough to work. The rubber casing would hit the frame. To make matters worse, it order to use the closest holes, I had to cut the ends off including the first/longest hole because they hit the cross member that holds the spare tire.

They offered to drill the holes I needed in order to make the second shackle act like a drop shackle or a normal stock shackle, but I would have had to take the first one off and burn out the leaf spring bushings that I had to change in order to use the larger bolts the bolts. The bolts that came with them were too short to be used with the set so I had to buy new 6 inch grade 8 bolts and 16 washers to center the leaf spring in the shackle. It took way to much time and effort to find out that the damn shackles would hit the frame. It was a good thing I did it because it saved me money and time to figure out that the third set of holes would have never worked in the first place!

In case you were wondering why I didn't just use the second/middle holes on the shackle- I didn't use them because it presses the leaf springs down too much and the second shackle, if it had them to begin with, would have caused the leaf spring to hit the exhaust pipe..... Grrr..

The company worked with me and offered to cut the holes but I couldn't send both shackles. I asked why I couldn't have had the correct part sent to me but they never answered that question. I would have had to pay shipping.

The guy that helped me was really nice. From my opinion, the shackles they sold me were not engineered well. They don't fit a stock Tacoma.

Now I have to pay shipping just to get a full, guaranteed refund despite any modifications made to the shackle.

They will be mailed back tomorrow.

I would buy them if they made them to fit a stock Tacoma, but there are no possible ways that could happen with the current product they have listed for it. I am sorry I had to be the Guinea pig.