1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just want to verify I'm thinking correctly...

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by winnebagel, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Jun 14, 2011 at 10:22 PM
    winnebagel

winnebagel [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    '11 Prerunner TRD Off-Road
    I have a stock 2011 Prerunner DC, TRD Offroad. I want to lift the front slightly to level it out a little bit. I'd love it to be level, but I'd rather remain a little low in front rather than too high. Just looking to pick it up a little bit. Here's what I'm looking at:

A set of Bilstein 5100's, front set at .85 (2nd setting?) to pick the front up slightly. Also, I shouldn't need an alignment at that setting, and the ride quality will improve if I'm understanding everything right. If I want to go higher eventually, I can get new coils up front and AAL in the rear to go higher. I also plan to go to bigger tires eventually, 265/75/16. Figured they'd look better with the front picked up a little bit.

Anyway, that's all I can think of for now, just double checking my info one more time before I start spending.

2. Jun 14, 2011 at 10:23 PM
    achirdo

achirdo I Weld!

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    North DFW
    Vehicle:
    06 dodge ram 3500 5.9 cummins
    1.75" to be perfectly level.

you WILL need an alignment after any kind of suspension modification

3. Jun 15, 2011 at 12:39 AM
    Bfoster133

Bfoster133 If i asked my dad for money, He'd knock me out

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Thousand oaks, California
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner TRD offroad
    15% Tint, 5100's at 1.75, Rear Diff Breather, CB radio, Black rattle canned rims, 265/75/16 Goodyear MTR, Magnaflow Offroad pro cat back, hi-lift bed mounted, shovel bed mounted
    this.

4. Jun 15, 2011 at 12:42 AM
    Bfoster133

Bfoster133 If i asked my dad for money, He'd knock me out

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Thousand oaks, California
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner TRD offroad
    15% Tint, 5100's at 1.75, Rear Diff Breather, CB radio, Black rattle canned rims, 265/75/16 Goodyear MTR, Magnaflow Offroad pro cat back, hi-lift bed mounted, shovel bed mounted
    oh and congrats on your new tacoma, welcome to TW; be prepared to start spending lots and lots of money :)

5. Jun 15, 2011 at 9:18 PM
    winnebagel

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    Alright, I'll add an alignment to the list too. And 1.75 for front and rear completely level? I haven't seen one like this, I've only seen one with the fronts set at .85, I thought you had to get the Harsh Ride TSB and then 1.75 would make it sit level.

I had several things I had been wanting to buy, but they all went on the waiting list after I bought my Tacoma :D

6. Jun 23, 2011 at 12:59 AM
    winnebagel

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    Anymore comments on the leveling? I've heard 1.75 levels the truck with Harsh Ride TSB, so .85 should level it without the TSB I assume. I'm picking up my plates from my dealership tomorrow, figured I'd ask about the TSB-I've noticed it sags quit a bit with a light load, haven't bottomed it out, but may ask about it anyway.

Over $300 seems steep for such a small lift, just to level, anyone know of a cheaper option? I was lookin at OME 883 coils, but consensus says stay away from those as long as you have stock struts.

Edit: Also, how do the 5100's affect the life of the stock coils?

7. Jun 23, 2011 at 4:39 AM
    BulletToothTony

BulletToothTony You’ll have that on these big jobs.

Member:
    First Name:
    You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
    X2

Do the tsb im actually going this morning to get mine done :D, then next month my front suspension is going on :cool:.

Also dont "ask" about it they will try to say you dont need it, my dealership tried to tell me this, it wasnt until i showed them the TSB on my iphone that they decided to do it.....

The 300 is worth it you will love the ride, 5100's are great shock. Also you just got a new truck nows not the time to try and find a cheap way of doing things, you get what you pay for and if you do it right the first time it will be better years down the road.... just my .02

Good luck though :thumbsup:

8. Jun 23, 2011 at 5:54 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    The 5100's ride very nice but, if you're looking for a less expensive option, you could use Eibach coils on the stock shocks for a slight lift. It will lift the front between 1.5 - 2". The 5100's dampen the Eibach coils much better but you can use them with stock shocks also. They run about $160ish and the install would be the same as what you're already looking at doing.

Products Discussed in

To Top