LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Just want to verify I'm thinking correctly...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-14-2011, 10:22 PM   #1
winnebagel [OP] winnebagel is offline
Junior Member
winnebagel is on a distinguished road
 
winnebagel's Avatar
Name: Nathan
Joined: May 2011, #57191
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 28
winnebagel's Tacoma Gallery
Just want to verify I'm thinking correctly...

I have a stock 2011 Prerunner DC, TRD Offroad. I want to lift the front slightly to level it out a little bit. I'd love it to be level, but I'd rather remain a little low in front rather than too high. Just looking to pick it up a little bit. Here's what I'm looking at:

A set of Bilstein 5100's, front set at .85 (2nd setting?) to pick the front up slightly. Also, I shouldn't need an alignment at that setting, and the ride quality will improve if I'm understanding everything right. If I want to go higher eventually, I can get new coils up front and AAL in the rear to go higher. I also plan to go to bigger tires eventually, 265/75/16. Figured they'd look better with the front picked up a little bit.

Anyway, that's all I can think of for now, just double checking my info one more time before I start spending.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:23 PM   #2
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
achirdo's Avatar
Name: Adam
Joined: Apr 2010, #34819
Location: North DFW
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,944
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnebagel View Post
I have a stock 2011 Prerunner DC, TRD Offroad. I want to lift the front slightly to level it out a little bit. I'd love it to be level, but I'd rather remain a little low in front rather than too high. Just looking to pick it up a little bit. Here's what I'm looking at:

A set of Bilstein 5100's, front set at .85 (2nd setting?) to pick the front up slightly. Also, I shouldn't need an alignment at that setting, and the ride quality will improve if I'm understanding everything right. If I want to go higher eventually, I can get new coils up front and AAL in the rear to go higher. I also plan to go to bigger tires eventually, 265/75/16. Figured they'd look better with the front picked up a little bit.

Anyway, that's all I can think of for now, just double checking my info one more time before I start spending.
1.75" to be perfectly level.

you WILL need an alignment after any kind of suspension modification
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:39 AM   #3
If i asked my dad for money, He'd knock me out
Bfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Bfoster133's Avatar
Name: Blake
Joined: Apr 2011, #55492
Location: Thousand oaks, California
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,333
Bfoster133's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
1.75" to be perfectly level.

you WILL need an alignment after any kind of suspension modification
this.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:42 AM   #4
If i asked my dad for money, He'd knock me out
Bfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Bfoster133's Avatar
Name: Blake
Joined: Apr 2011, #55492
Location: Thousand oaks, California
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,333
Bfoster133's Tacoma Gallery
oh and congrats on your new tacoma, welcome to TW; be prepared to start spending lots and lots of money
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:18 PM   #5
winnebagel [OP] winnebagel is offline
Junior Member
winnebagel is on a distinguished road
 
winnebagel's Avatar
Name: Nathan
Joined: May 2011, #57191
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 28
winnebagel's Tacoma Gallery
Alright, I'll add an alignment to the list too. And 1.75 for front and rear completely level? I haven't seen one like this, I've only seen one with the fronts set at .85, I thought you had to get the Harsh Ride TSB and then 1.75 would make it sit level.

Quote:
oh and congrats on your new tacoma, welcome to TW; be prepared to start spending lots and lots of money
I had several things I had been wanting to buy, but they all went on the waiting list after I bought my Tacoma
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:59 AM   #6
winnebagel [OP] winnebagel is offline
Junior Member
winnebagel is on a distinguished road
 
winnebagel's Avatar
Name: Nathan
Joined: May 2011, #57191
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 28
winnebagel's Tacoma Gallery
Anymore comments on the leveling? I've heard 1.75 levels the truck with Harsh Ride TSB, so .85 should level it without the TSB I assume. I'm picking up my plates from my dealership tomorrow, figured I'd ask about the TSB-I've noticed it sags quit a bit with a light load, haven't bottomed it out, but may ask about it anyway.

Over $300 seems steep for such a small lift, just to level, anyone know of a cheaper option? I was lookin at OME 883 coils, but consensus says stay away from those as long as you have stock struts.

Edit: Also, how do the 5100's affect the life of the stock coils?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:39 AM   #7
TWINSIES!
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
BulletToothTony's Avatar
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
Joined: Feb 2008, #4833
Gender: Tranny
Posts: 9,166
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
1.75" to be perfectly level.

you WILL need an alignment after any kind of suspension modification
X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnebagel View Post
Anymore comments on the leveling? I've heard 1.75 levels the truck with Harsh Ride TSB, so .85 should level it without the TSB I assume. I'm picking up my plates from my dealership tomorrow, figured I'd ask about the TSB-I've noticed it sags quit a bit with a light load, haven't bottomed it out, but may ask about it anyway.

Over $300 seems steep for such a small lift, just to level, anyone know of a cheaper option? I was lookin at OME 883 coils, but consensus says stay away from those as long as you have stock struts.

Edit: Also, how do the 5100's affect the life of the stock coils?
Do the tsb im actually going this morning to get mine done , then next month my front suspension is going on .

Also dont "ask" about it they will try to say you dont need it, my dealership tried to tell me this, it wasnt until i showed them the TSB on my iphone that they decided to do it.....

The 300 is worth it you will love the ride, 5100's are great shock. Also you just got a new truck nows not the time to try and find a cheap way of doing things, you get what you pay for and if you do it right the first time it will be better years down the road.... just my .02

Good luck though
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:54 AM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Pugga's Avatar
Name: Mike
Joined: Jun 2010, #39131
Location: Massachusetts
Gender: Male
Posts: 26,307
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnebagel View Post
Anymore comments on the leveling? I've heard 1.75 levels the truck with Harsh Ride TSB, so .85 should level it without the TSB I assume. I'm picking up my plates from my dealership tomorrow, figured I'd ask about the TSB-I've noticed it sags quit a bit with a light load, haven't bottomed it out, but may ask about it anyway.

Over $300 seems steep for such a small lift, just to level, anyone know of a cheaper option? I was lookin at OME 883 coils, but consensus says stay away from those as long as you have stock struts.

Edit: Also, how do the 5100's affect the life of the stock coils?
The 5100's ride very nice but, if you're looking for a less expensive option, you could use Eibach coils on the stock shocks for a slight lift. It will lift the front between 1.5 - 2". The 5100's dampen the Eibach coils much better but you can use them with stock shocks also. They run about $160ish and the install would be the same as what you're already looking at doing.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New wheels-Want to verify supermatt82 Wheels & Tires 1 09-28-2010 08:44 AM
LED dome lights, verify the ones that WORK jeremy_283 2nd Gen. Tacomas 0 03-22-2010 09:10 PM
If you want it done correctly, do it yourself whitebread Suspension 14 03-10-2010 10:18 AM
Can someone verify this assembly? LonghornTaco Suspension 29 10-24-2008 06:29 PM


Copyright © 2014 Tacoma Forum. Tacoma World is not owned by, or affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation.