LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lift getting installed on Monday. I have questions!

Old 06-15-2011, 03:59 PM   #1
MenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud of

Name: Eric
MenaceAllen's Tacoma Gallery
Lift getting installed on Monday. I have questions!

After much debating - I now have everything for my planned lift. I am having a the local dealership do this install on Monday. Check out my setup and let me know if you have the answers to my questions below.

Front
* Eibach Coils (Toytec)
* Front Bilstein 5100's adjustable shocks set at .85 (Downsouth)
* Front Top Plate Spacer Kit 3/4" lift (Toytec)

Rear
* Rear TSB performed by dealership (Toyota)
* Rear Bilstein 5100's (Downsouth)
* Toytec Rear AAL w/ TSB Springs 1-1/2" lift (Toytec)

Wheels
* 18" Black KMC XD Monster Wheels (Firestone)
* 275/70/R18 Nitto Terra Grappler Tires (Firestone)

Questions I have:

1.) Am I missing anything for the lift install on Monday?

2.) I heard people discussing UCA's... Will I need them?

3.) Any info or tips I should provide the dealer with when doing the install? I dont think they have ever installed this setup before.

Much appreciated for your help and support! Now for the pictures!

Old 06-15-2011, 04:05 PM   #2
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Questions I have:

1.) Am I missing anything for the lift install on Monday?
Looks good to me

2.) I heard people discussing UCA's... Will I need them?
You may and you may not just wait until everything is on and if your alignment is still bad then you will need them.

3.) Any info or tips I should provide the dealer with when doing the install? I dont think they have ever installed this setup before.
Why the dealer I'm sure there is a off road shop in your area that will do it for was less and they have experience doing lifts.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:05 PM   #3
StatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud of

Name: Joey
StatutoryAPE's Tacoma Gallery
i think with those eibachs you need to have the 5100's set at 0. i could be wrong though. i know thats how it is for the 1st gens.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:06 PM   #4
bolson is a name known to allbolson is a name known to allbolson is a name known to allbolson is a name known to allbolson is a name known to allbolson is a name known to all

bolson's Tacoma Gallery
From what I have read, the threshhold seems to be around 2.5" of front life where you will need new upper UCA to correct the alignment. You may be able to get acceptable alignment numbers, but you will definitely be pushing the limit of the stock UCA.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:07 PM   #5
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatutoryAPE View Post
i think with those eibachs you need to have the 5100's set at 0. i could be wrong though. i know thats how it is for the 1st gens.

Yeah 0 is just for us the 2nd Gens can go to .85
Old 06-15-2011, 04:32 PM   #6
MenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud of

Name: Eric
MenaceAllen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post

Why the dealer I'm sure there is a off road shop in your area that will do it for was less and they have experience doing lifts.

In Fargo, North Dakota - we really don't have any off road shops. I have had great luck with my dealership and I believe they are the only place in the area that have experience putting lifts on Tacoma's. The dealership goes with the Revtek setup, but I wanted something a little bit more. He quoted me $250 for the install and I feel that is a pretty reasonable price.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:41 PM   #7
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MenaceAllen View Post
In Fargo, North Dakota - we really don't have any off road shops. I have had great luck with my dealership and I believe they are the only place in the area that have experience putting lifts on Tacoma's. The dealership goes with the Revtek setup, but I wanted something a little bit more. He quoted me $250 for the install and I feel that is a pretty reasonable price.
Yeah that's not a bad price.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:09 PM   #8
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Uh, does eibach + 5100 at 0.85" + 3/4" top plate spacer add up to more than 3" of lift?
Old 06-15-2011, 05:15 PM   #9
outlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FO on the OP
Name: Brandon
outlaw7's Tacoma Gallery
with both spacers 3/4 you might have the taco lean. i have the .50 on my drivers side and the .25 on my passenger and i sit perfectly level. i have the exact same suspension setup as you but i also have the carrier bearing drop and axle shims. you might want to look into extended brake lines for the rear also they will be close to maxed out.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:16 PM   #10
outlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FO on the OP
Name: Brandon
outlaw7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
Uh, does eibach + 5100 at 0.85" + 3/4" top plate spacer add up to more than 3" of lift?
it will be really close with the same shock spring setup and a .50 on my drivers side and .25 on the passenger side i was right at 2.85 inches of lift
Old 06-15-2011, 05:33 PM   #11
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
Be prepared for UCAs. I have a 2010 DCLB and only went up 2.5" in the front. The first shop I took it to for an alignment gave me beautiful caster results (2.8*-3*) with my stock UCAs. I posted my numbers on TW and bragged about getting away without buying new UCAs. Then some people questioned my results because they are virtually impossible. Went to a second shop and found out I was only running 1.1*-1.3* caster. Needless to say, I have since invested in a set of UCAs.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:54 PM   #13
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
wow looks awesome. exactly the stance I want to go with.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:59 PM   #14
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
that looks great, great choice on wheel and tire combo btw
Old 06-20-2011, 10:19 PM   #15
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
looks good
Old 06-21-2011, 01:35 PM   #16
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome.. Love the white on black!

What do you sit from ground to fender? I have the same lift without the AAL (I have the TSB) and without the front spacers... I sit a tad over 38" in the front Tad over 39" in the back with my 275/70/17's
Old 06-21-2011, 03:07 PM   #17
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
I also have that set up, but with just the 1/4" taco lean spacer on the drivers side. Got 2.6-2.7", but then a few months later I installed Light Racing UCA's and I'm at 2.9" (23" hub to fender) of lift...weird?!?
Old 06-27-2011, 02:57 PM   #18
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MenaceAllen View Post
Well I'm Lifted!!!

Looks great, but holy hell those tires look HUGE!
Old 08-08-2011, 06:31 PM   #19
Tacomatrd2010 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jimmy
Tacomatrd2010's Tacoma Gallery
your truck looks so sick man, i want that same stance. im going to order toytec ultimate 3'' lift this friday and hopefully it will come out looking like this.. can i get this look without the spacers in front cuz i dont think it comes with them..
Old 08-08-2011, 06:57 PM   #20
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomatrd2010 View Post
your truck looks so sick man, i want that same stance. im going to order toytec ultimate 3'' lift this friday and hopefully it will come out looking like this.. can i get this look without the spacers in front cuz i dont think it comes with them..
The Ultimate Toytec has a spacer buit into them. You'll like em, same set up as OP just easier for you to install and adjustable!