LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

My potential lift set up, would like opinions.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:10 PM   #1
423Mram is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
423Mram's Tacoma Gallery
My potential lift set up, would like opinions.

I am looking to lift my truck hopefully come next March or April, about a year away I know, but that's when I believe I may have the extra cash laying around. Anyway, I think I came down to a set up that I like and was wondering what you guys thought and if the install price was reasonable. What I was thinking consist of:

Total Chaos Spindle
Total Chaos UCA
ICON RR C/O in front
ICON AAL
ICON Shocks in the back

Kit and install for $4950

Thoughts?

I have been reading up on the forum a lot lately and hope I understood all I read correctly. I would like to get around 4" of lift. I believe the spindle is 3.5, so I would have to have the shop set the c/o to achieve that extra .5 of lift. From what I've read the driver side usually is set higher due to "Taco Lean."
Now the back is where I am unsure of. If I achieve the 4" in the front, I imagine I will have a considerable amount of "Bro Lean" with only an AAL in the back. I am looking to get it fairly level, but wouldn't mind a little bit of a lean. Searching the site I believe All Pro makes a 3" leaf spring set, so that could get me closer to being level. Maybe I add a 1" block? I know blocks are frowned upon and I would rather not use them if you guys think I will regret it in the long run.

Again, it will be a while before I do anything, just in my planning/researching mode! Looking for thoughts/input more than anything.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:48 PM   #2
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good to me. If you don't wanted it bro'd, Just set the front to zero first, see where it sits... with the 3" spring in the rear.

Not sure about ICON exactly, but my SAWs cure the taco-lean by cranking the drivers side about 1/8-1/4" more.