LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

good cheap lift block

Old 10-10-2008, 11:07 PM   #1
KaliTaco is on a distinguished road
KaliTaco's Tacoma Gallery
good cheap lift block

im looking for a rear lift. 1 inch lift block. toytec makes one. anyone recommend any brand? i want to spend less then $100. it seems easy to install.

jack up leaf springs with floor jack til you can place the block in. then just use the new u bolts and secure it right?
Old 10-10-2008, 11:11 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Why not get AALs instead? Blocks will give you some mad axle wrap. What year truck do you have?
Old 10-10-2008, 11:14 PM   #3
KaliTaco is on a distinguished road
KaliTaco's Tacoma Gallery
aal require more labor. and i dont think i can do that myself. with blocks i think i can save on the labor and do it myself. i have a 08 taco
Old 10-11-2008, 04:54 AM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
If you wheel your truck at all, stay away from blocks. Installing an AAL is not that hard. If you have a pair of "C" clamps, you have all the "specialty" tools you need.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:19 AM   #5
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
If you wheel your truck at all, stay away from blocks. Installing an AAL is not that hard. If you have a pair of "C" clamps, you have all the "specialty" tools you need.

+1 Just because it's cheap and easy is reason enuf for me to not want to do it.

Wait a month or two and save up the dough to do it right....You'll be so much happier in the end adn you won't pay 100 bucks for blocks and then buy the good stuff too!!
Old 10-13-2008, 03:14 PM   #6
350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

350TacoZilla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 350TacoZilla
here is a answer for the question you actually asked --- cheap block... auto zone has block kits I think 1" is like $23 also I think everyone is forgeting that alot of truck (ford superduty,dodge rams) have like 3" blocks from the factory and can tow 12,000lbs... for our trucks a 1" block isnt going to cause alot of wrap
Old 10-13-2008, 03:36 PM   #7
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
this is what can happen when you wheel on a block

Old 10-13-2008, 04:12 PM   #8
ubermx5 is on a distinguished road
ubermx5's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to ubermx5
It is funny.
I can point out bad thing about every type of lift there is.
if you drive hard enough you can break it...

But their are good warning and good insite as well... I am not trying to say any one is more right or wrong.

But really a 1 inch block lift will be fine. But keep in mind how the truck feels after words.. If you are fine with it. then enjoy it. If you end up going off road with it, you are warned now.