Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Installing Eibach/5100 tomorrow

Old 06-16-2011, 11:37 PM   #1
T-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
Installing Eibach/5100 tomorrow

Hey I am in the middle of installing my Eibach/5100's and just removed the original Bilsteins with my Revtek spacers. Tomorrow morning I am making a trip to the shop to have my Eibach's and 5100's assembled and set at 0.85" with the 1/4" lean spacer.

I am unsure as to how this needs to be put together. Is there anything I should specifically mention? I mean it is a shop that regularly does off road suspension work, so they should know their stuff... But I have heard so many horror stories.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:11 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure the spring seat is installed correctly, that's about all they can screw up with just putting the springs on the struts.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
Just got mine done as well.. I absolutely love the setup!

Before Lift

After Lift!

Old 06-20-2011, 12:08 PM   #4
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
I wanna play too...

Great set up!! Works even better with the Light Racing UCA's.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:20 PM   #5
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Make sure the spring seat is installed correctly, that's about all they can screw up with just putting the springs on the struts.
Yep. Highlight the included instructions for them.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:18 PM   #6
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
How much lift did you get yfzdrag3 with that combo did you install any top plate spacers?
Old 06-20-2011, 06:08 PM   #7
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Its been a few days I hope OP is ok lol? I cant even trust a shop to change my oil let alone work on my suspension. Alignment is about the only thing I trust them with cause I was waaay off lol
Old 06-20-2011, 06:49 PM   #8
T-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
Everything turned out great! Got them put in and the ride is amazing. Looking to get the Light Racing UCA's in the near future. Thanks for the advice.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:53 PM   #9
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Post some pics
Old 06-20-2011, 07:33 PM   #10
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyo freak View Post
How much lift did you get yfzdrag3 with that combo did you install any top plate spacers?

I got about a little over 2" with the lift and right at 2" with the tires! all together i went from 34" in the front to a tad over 38"
Old 06-26-2011, 03:06 PM   #11
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
Post some pics
X2! I'm really thinking about this setup!
Old 06-26-2011, 03:11 PM   #12
Señor member

installation fail without photos
Old 06-28-2011, 11:50 AM   #13

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
installation fail without photos
Installation success, been too busy putting this new setup to use. I'll be sure to get some photos as soon as my new grille arrives.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:17 PM   #14
Señor member

just giving you crap
Old 06-28-2011, 12:31 PM   #15
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-rev View Post
Installation success, been too busy putting this new setup to use. I'll be sure to get some photos as soon as my new grille arrives.
Is it the same height as before with the spacers?
Old 06-28-2011, 03:56 PM   #16

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Is it the same height as before with the spacers?
It's 0.5" lower than it was before in the front, I also used the 1/4" lean spacer and it sits perfectly level now.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:57 PM   #17
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
It's 0.5" lower than it was before in the front, I also used the 1/4" lean spacer and it sits perfectly level now.
Oh okay got yah. Can you tell it sits lower though?
Old 06-28-2011, 04:00 PM   #18

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh okay got yah. Can you tell it sits lower though?
Hardly, I will post some new pics up with the before and after to really capture the difference.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:20 PM   #19
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Hardly, I will post some new pics up with the before and after to really capture the difference.
Sounds good. I bet the ride feels way better!
Old 06-28-2011, 05:17 PM   #20

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sounds good. I bet the ride feels way better!
Night and day difference, best money I've spent on the truck so far.