Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Question for those with Eibachs/5100s set at 0

Old 06-17-2011, 07:23 PM   #1
Facial bones colapse as I crack your skull in half
WTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
WTtoolman's Tacoma Gallery
Question for those with Eibachs/5100s set at 0

I'm about to order the 5100s and Eibach coils. I'll be setting the 5100s at 0 to get the best ride. I DO NOT have the rear TSB so my question is which AAL will I need to maintain the the factory rake, with the rear being higher than the front? 1.5 inch? 2 inch?

Also, any pics of this set-up would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 06-17-2011, 07:27 PM   #2
trdtaco10 will become famous soon enough

trdtaco10's Tacoma Gallery
2 inch because it will settle some, but check out the new thread from Toytec already preassembled and everything. Same setup your going for just a little better/easier
Old 06-17-2011, 07:35 PM   #3
WTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks trdtaco for the quick response. Are these the ones you're talking about? http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/toy...over-sale.html I don't want to raise the front that much. I'm going for just the lift the Eibach coils provide.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:19 PM   #4
vermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

vermintrex's Tacoma Gallery
Just guessing based on my situation. I have Eibachs and Billy's set to zero and TSB springs and a topper out back. With the topper my rig now sits ever so slightly nose high, so I'm going to add the 1.5" Toytec AAL to get a tiny bit rake so I don't get anymore nose high when loaded.

Since you don't have the TSB leaf springs, but also don't have (I'm assuming) the extra 200+ pounds of topper that I do, I think you'll probably still end up nose high like mine, and the 2 " Toytec AAL for non-TSB springs will get you level or slightly ass high.

Hope that helps
Old 06-17-2011, 08:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermintrex View Post
Just guessing based on my situation. I have Eibachs and Billy's set to zero and TSB springs and a topper out back. With the topper my rig now sits ever so slightly nose high, so I'm going to add the 1.5" Toytec AAL to get a tiny bit rake so I don't get anymore nose high when loaded.

Since you don't have the TSB leaf springs, but also don't have (I'm assuming) the extra 200+ pounds of topper that I do, I think you'll probably still end up nose high like mine, and the 2 " Toytec AAL for non-TSB springs will get you level or slightly ass high.

Hope that helps
Thanks vermintrex! Do you have any pics before and/or after? How did it ride afterwards?
Old 06-18-2011, 09:33 AM   #6
vermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTtoolman View Post
Thanks vermintrex! Do you have any pics before and/or after? How did it ride afterwards?
You can check my gallery for before and after Bilstein pics, but I don't have the AAL yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Agreed, 2"

I have the bachs with billies at 0, TSB pack, and 1.5 toytec aal.

I seem to have factory rake, even with a hundred pound tool box, and tools in it.

Ride is smoother than factory trd offroad....it has great on and offroad manners now.

sent from my non iphone
Did you remove your overload leaf when you added the AAL ? Was the install pretty straightforward...have any do's or don'ts ? thanks !
Old 06-18-2011, 12:42 PM   #7
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
I'd go with a 1.5". I currently have billys set at .85/Eibachs and rear non tsb 2" aal. With this combo, I have a noticeable rake.
Old 06-18-2011, 01:49 PM   #8

thanks wolfpack !

I've already got the eibachs installed correctly, just need the AAL now. Thanks for the torque tip, will check it for sure.
Old 06-18-2011, 01:56 PM   #9
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
About the new "budget" coilovers toytec is offering. They are set at 0.85 with a 0.5" top plate spacer. You could knock em down to 0 for the better ride you are looking for but know this...

New coilovers are $550

Front 5100s are $180

Eibach coils are $150

Top plate spacers are $60

It's $160 cheaper to buy everything seperately?
Old 06-18-2011, 03:33 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
About the new "budget" coilovers toytec is offering. They are set at 0.85 with a 0.5" top plate spacer. You could knock em down to 0 for the better ride you are looking for but know this...

New coilovers are $550

Front 5100s are $180

Eibach coils are $150

Top plate spacers are $60

It's $160 cheaper to buy everything seperately?
I've been trying to figure out the same thing!
Old 06-18-2011, 03:36 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEX View Post
I'd go with a 1.5". I currently have billys set at .85/Eibachs and rear non tsb 2" aal. With this combo, I have a noticeable rake.
Hey Lex, could you post a sideview pic of your truck. I'd like to see what it looks like.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:37 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
He wants the rake
I'd like to keepp the rake as close to factory as possible.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:57 PM   #13

Did you guys have any vibrations surface after the installation of the 5100s and eibachs set at 0?
Old 06-18-2011, 06:10 PM   #14
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty close to factory rake. I have 885 set at 0.85 on my billies and a 2" aal on tsb leafs.

Keep in mind I have the bumper weighing the front down a lil.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:56 PM   #15
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Eibach's, billies at 0 and TSB.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:54 PM   #16

Okay guys, I'm going to order the eibachs, 1/4 inch spacer plate and 2 inch AAL from Toytec asap. I have to call DSP later this week and get an update on the 5100s but is there anything I'm missing to complete my lift? Did anybody purchase the front shock bushing replacement kit when installing the 5100?
Old 06-21-2011, 07:56 PM   #17
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTtoolman View Post
Okay guys, I'm going to order the eibachs, 1/4 inch spacer plate and 2 inch AAL from Toytec asap. I have to call DSP later this week and get an update on the 5100s but is there anything I'm missing to complete my lift? Did anybody purchase the front shock bushing replacement kit when installing the 5100?
Nope! I just have 5100s and OME 885, no spacers. But, my buddy did the 1/2" on drivers side and 1/4" on passenger.