LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Front leaf bolt size?

Old 06-17-2011, 09:06 PM   #1
cmf21 is on a distinguished road
cmf21's Tacoma Gallery
Hanger pin bolt size?

In case I need to get new hanger pin bolts for my new rear leafs, what size of bolt do I need. I don't want to have to order any if I can just pick them up from Home Depot or somewhere.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:39 PM   #3
cmf21 is on a distinguished road
cmf21's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone?
Old 02-24-2012, 03:11 PM   #4
All those moments will be lost in time
GVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SSG, 2 Brigade, 82 Airborne Div Reconnaissance, Surveillance, and Target Acquisition (RSTA) Squadron
Name: Guy
GVY's Tacoma Gallery
I'm bumping this because I'm looking for the same info. What I think the OP means, and what I mean, is the size of the bolt on the front hanger pin for the leaf springs. Mine are stuck like chuck and I'm going to have to replace them just by getting em out. This will keep me from having to drive out with the old bolt and matching it up.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:16 PM   #6
All those moments will be lost in time
GVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SSG, 2 Brigade, 82 Airborne Div Reconnaissance, Surveillance, and Target Acquisition (RSTA) Squadron
Name: Guy
GVY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacooon View Post
Check your local auto parts store they can search for you and possibly have one in stock
Yeah, true. I was looking for the size online but there's really nothing stating an exact size. Guess that's the best bet at this point.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #7
gkozun is on a distinguished road
gkozun's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone figure out the size of these bolts yet? I would like to get some standard Gr. 8 bolts & drill them out in my lathe & make them greasable. I need the size of both the front hanger pin & rear shackle bolts. About to do some rear suspension work and have a feeling I will be cutting the old ones out. Just want to have the new bolts beforehand so I am not stranded without wheels after pulling the old bolts out to measure them.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:20 PM   #8
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Bump.

I'm running into the same problem
Old 06-11-2012, 09:35 PM   #10
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Well the hanger bolt head is 19mm & I'm going to take a stab here & say the diameter of the threaded stem is 14mm
You mean the shank/shoulder is 19mm? Do you know the length of the shank?

I called a couple dealers and they had no clue.

Anyone know anything about the bolts for the rear shock? I know they are 12x1.25 but cant find anything local.

Thanks
Old 06-11-2012, 11:16 PM   #11
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorb View Post
You mean the shank/shoulder is 19mm? Do you know the length of the shank?

I called a couple dealers and they had no clue.

Anyone know anything about the bolts for the rear shock? I know they are 12x1.25 but cant find anything local.

Thanks
Not the shank, the head of bolt is 19mm (19mm socket to remove)

& I'm just guessing at the 14mm shank size , but I bet I'm close..
Old 06-11-2012, 11:30 PM   #13

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not the shank, the head of bolt is 19mm (19mm socket to remove)

& I'm just guessing at the 14mm shank size , but I bet I'm close..
Lol your right I wasn't even thinking been searching all over for one.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:36 PM   #14
gkozun is on a distinguished road
gkozun's Tacoma Gallery
Bolt size is M14 x 1.5 x 100mm long. Grade 8. I had to pay $17/each for them @ the dealership up here in Canada. Found out the size after I bought the new ones. You should be able to get them from a local auto parts store or nut & bolt supply for much cheaper.
Do yourself a favour & buy new front bushings as well. No amount of pounding was able to get the cut bolts out of them. I then tried drilling them out unsuccessfully. It got so hot the rubber was destroyed. Was able to get them through UAP NAPA.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:40 PM   #15
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
Subd
Old 06-15-2012, 10:16 PM   #16

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkozun View Post
Bolt size is M14 x 1.5 x 100mm long. Grade 8. I had to pay $17/each for them @ the dealership up here in Canada. Found out the size after I bought the new ones. You should be able to get them from a local auto parts store or nut & bolt supply for much cheaper.
Do yourself a favour & buy new front bushings as well. No amount of pounding was able to get the cut bolts out of them. I then tried drilling them out unsuccessfully. It got so hot the rubber was destroyed. Was able to get them through UAP NAPA.
A 9/16 works. I had to get it at fastenal as nowhere else had one with a long enough shoulder. I ordered two at the dealer for next time.

I'm really surprised I haven't seen this in any how to on changing leafs, I would definitely suggest just getting some before starting, it seems like a typical problem.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:30 PM   #17
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorb View Post
A 9/16 works. I had to get it at fastenal as nowhere else had one with a long enough shoulder. I ordered two at the dealer for next time.

I'm really surprised I haven't seen this in any how to on changing leafs, I would definitely suggest just getting some before starting, it seems like a typical problem.

I do alot of leafspring R&R & it seems the difficulty level with removing bolts is relative to the type of climate you live in , I'm in dry ass Socal so as you would imagine I rarely see any bolts or other hardware thats rusted into place
Old 06-15-2012, 10:37 PM   #18

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I do alot of leafspring R&R & it seems the difficulty level with removing bolts is relative to the type of climate you live in , I'm in dry ass Socal so as you would imagine I rarely see any bolts or other hardware thats rusted into place

Yeah it definitely does, especially if you live where they salt the roads, but I've come across a bunch of threads with this same problem. I had no problems with any other bolts, very little rust except the exhaust.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:03 AM   #19
Dogs & cats, living together! Mass hysteria!
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkozun View Post
I'm trying to nail down the specs for 2nd gen, greasable rear spring bolts before installing OME Dakars. I know the OEM bolts are 120mm long, but I don't know the other dimensions.

Will these work with OEM bushings?

Trail-Gear Bolt Greasable M18 X 120mm