Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

help..bilstein lift 4 tacooma???

Old 06-19-2011, 12:24 PM   #1
jsatch32 is on a distinguished road
Name: jerry
jsatch32's Tacoma Gallery
help..bilstein lift 4 tacooma???

Gotta question...just got Bilstein 5100 series (set of 4) for my 09 tacoma 4x4...I m gonna put 1" lift on rear and adjust front shocks to 2.5"..(gona use factory coil springs).this should raise and level my truck right.....??.next question is if I go to 17"x8" rim what is beefiest tire I can go with without cutting fender or rubbing while off-roading.?? Or should I stick with the 16's....I appreciate all sincere feedback...thanks
Old 06-19-2011, 12:28 PM   #2
fishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
fishntaco's Tacoma Gallery
I dont think you will be level with a 1in rear lift and and the 5100s at 2.5 in the front. I would go with 1.75.
The biggest tire you can run with a 17in rim is a 265/70/17 with no trimming.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:37 PM   #3
Should I even bother with the 1" lift in the rear...?? Will proly need it with 17's huh.?? What's your opinion on that.? lookin for smoothe ride but I want the height too... Should I stay with 16s.? Is there a huge price diff.?
Old 06-19-2011, 12:39 PM   #4
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsatch32 View Post
Should I even bother with the 1" lift in the rear...?? Will proly need it with 17's huh.?? What's your opinion on that.? lookin for smoothe ride but I want the height too... Should I stay with 16s.? Is there a huge price diff.?
You don't need to adjust the ride height to switch between 16" and 17" wheels
Old 06-19-2011, 02:58 PM   #6
Thanks a lot Anthony...think I will stay with 16's and do 1.75 in front...plan to have bilsteins, rims and tires done by 7-4-11...appreciate your input...by the way,your truck..Bad Ass...!
Old 06-19-2011, 03:12 PM   #7
Don't laugh but what is aal.??...just getting started...lotta things I dont know about yet...ill admit it..that's y u ask questions..
Old 06-19-2011, 03:13 PM   #8
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Don't laugh but what is aal.??...just getting started...lotta things I dont know about yet...ill admit it..that's y u ask questions..
Add A Leaf
Old 06-19-2011, 03:29 PM   #9
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
I just have the TSB done to the back of mine and gained about 1"-1 1/2". I put the Bilsteins at .85 with my Eibach Coils (1.6") and i am exactly 1" higher in the back.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:59 PM   #10
TSB..???
Old 06-19-2011, 04:00 PM   #11

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
TSB..???
Technical Service Bulletin
Old 06-19-2011, 05:51 PM   #12
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
TSB..???

TSB, If your truck is under warranty, go to your local toyota dealer and tell them you are having a harsh ride in the back when you have a load in.. I forget what all year models it covers but if you kindof play dumb they have a Service Bulletin where they will take your 3 leaf pack in the rear and make it 4 leafs which will make the rear stiffer and add a little height to your rear for free.

Myself i love the little more stiffness, makes it ride more like a truck and not a soft bouncing 4-Runner.