Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Alignment question after 3" lift

Old 06-21-2011, 07:00 PM   #22
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
not to jack the thread, but i don't understand why they install that bolt from the top/front instead of the back/bottom.

i helped a buddy put his on and we just bent the fender. it's not hard, you just have to watch the lines on the inside of the fender. i'll probably bend my fender as well when i install my LRs
Old 06-21-2011, 07:14 PM   #26
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsung View Post
would you do the samething on the driver's side or leave it the way it is?
yeah, you have to bend both sides. at least on a 2010.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:16 PM   #27
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBb View Post
yeah, you have to bend both sides. at least on a 2010.
Be careful when you do it too , there are fuel lines behind there
Old 06-21-2011, 07:24 PM   #28
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
l was gonna cut the bolt on mine, but bending the sheet metal was so easy I said forget it. Bent it with some cloth and needle nose pliers...went right back to normal no sweat. Can't even tell I did it.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:14 PM   #29
thedude is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Lucas
thedude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
Looks like all they did was set the toe. Camber could be better, and the caster is way too low.
Should I try a diff shop for alignment next time?
Old 06-21-2011, 08:21 PM   #30
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
I'd drive on it for a while and see how you feel about it. You shouldn't have excessive tire wear. Rotate per normal.

If you find it wanders and the steering wheel doesn't center or turn back to straight as well as you would like, look at UCAs.

You can always buy them later.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:23 PM   #31
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude View Post
Should I try a diff shop for alignment next time?
Perhaps. You might want to get involved in the process as well, as in let them know you expect they won't be able to get it to spec but ask if they can get the caster as high as possible and the camber and toe as close to 0 as possible. I find alignment shops to be VERY hit and miss. Maybe ask around locally.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:55 PM   #32
Air Force:
thedude's Tacoma Gallery
I plan on talking to them about it. They likely have little to no experience with LR UCA's. I may even print some stuff off of here for reference. I've had some people recommend a local shop - I'll talk to them and see if they are willing to help.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:33 PM   #33
Air Force:
thedude's Tacoma Gallery

Here are the specs after LR UCA's were installed today
Old 07-15-2011, 08:37 AM   #34
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

good, but I belive the cross caster could be better. I think that if they could get the right side closer to the left you'd be on to something. I got both my left and right set at 2.5 and it drives like a dream. How does yours feel?
Old 07-15-2011, 08:57 AM   #35
Air Force:
thedude's Tacoma Gallery
It feels better, less squirrely on the road at hwy speeds. It does seem to pull slightly to the right - but not sure if that's just the crappy road I was driving on. I told him I wanted as close to 0 toe/camber and 2.4 for caster so I guess this is as close as he could get. The guy spent over 2 hrs trying to get it right and didn't charge me any extra. It's not perfect but a lot better than before.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:40 AM   #36
Air Force:
thedude's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah it's pulling to the right quit a bit. I wonder if the caster being .4 more on the right could be the cause? I'm at the allignment shop right now to see what they can do.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:05 AM   #37

Get them to get the caster even on both sides. Like both at 2.3- 2.5.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:25 AM   #38
Air Force:
thedude's Tacoma Gallery
Well they say the allignment is "perfect" They swapped my front two tires and it helped. They said with brand new tires it may pull a bit until they wear in... whatever sounds like bs to me.