LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

newb needs advice!

Old 06-21-2011, 12:47 PM   #1
kidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to behold
Name: Simon
kidrockcrawler's Tacoma Gallery
newb needs advice!

Looking at getting a 3 inch lift. The one I want is from toytec it has the bilstein shocks and coilovers. Anybody have a clue how this will ride? Will it be close to the stock ride? Not planning on leaving the pavement I just want clearence for 33 all terrains and some new runs.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:49 PM   #2
Yes, I got boost
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Your ride will be a bit firmer, but definitely perform better. If you're never going to take it offroad though, you might be just as well off to go with a spacer lift... Save some money anyway
Old 06-21-2011, 12:55 PM   #3
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
I went with the Bilstein 5100's ($250ish cant really remember) on all 4's.
TSB in the rear (Free)
Eibach Coils ($170ish)
Alignment at the shop ($50)

Got about 2 1/4" out of the lift and 2" out of my tires for a total over 4". I absolutely love the ride. Firmer than stock and rides over bumps holes and bumps perfectly! A whole lot better than stock all for under $500.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:57 PM   #4
kidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to beholdkidrockcrawler is a splendid one to behold
Its not 4wd so I might do that. I don't want to void my warranty either.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:07 PM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Your ride will be a bit firmer, but definitely perform better. If you're never going to take it offroad though, you might be just as well off to go with a spacer lift... Save some money anyway
A spacer lift will ride rough compared to a coil over lift. Not all coils are geared towards off-road use... The Eibach coils do very well on the road and when paired with the 5100's provide a smooth ride on the road and will still take some moderate off roading. I do not off road and went with an Eibach coil lift. The spacers are a waste of money in my opinion unless you just want the absolute cheapest way to raise the truck and are willing to sacrifice the ride.

My set-up: 5100's all 4 corners (fronts set at 0), Eibach coils, TSB rear leaf pack and 1.5" Icon 3-leaf progressive AAL. Overall I gained just under 2" all around.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:12 PM   #6
The lift I'm thinking about getting is about 800 dollars So I definitely will pay more for a smooth ride. Does the 3 inch lift void my warranty?
Old 06-21-2011, 01:31 PM   #7
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
I don't believe a lift will void your warranty but i'm not an expert on that.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:24 PM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yfzdrag3 View Post
I don't believe a lift will void your warranty but i'm not an expert on that.
It's a gray area, the dealership will tell you that it will however they have to prove that the lift or any aftermarket accessory caused the warrantable part to fail. Technically it does not void the warranty but you may have to fight a little harder depending on what breaks. Hopefully nothing breaks and it's not an issue.